Beautiful Blue Team WEEK 4

Options

Replies

• LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    Yeah, we never know what we have until it's gone ;) I remember, right after she died, I saw a mom and daughter fighting in a store (the daughter was my age)... I walked up to them and said "you don't even realize how lucky you are to have a mother, to have a daughter, to argue with!!" LOL They probably thought I was crazy, cause I would have thought so if some strange broad came up to me and said that hahahaha.

It's amazing and sad how much our words and actions can affect people around us without even realizing it. That is an awesome power when used in a good way. Unfortunately, many people use it for their own benefit and hurt others in their wake. Give your mom an extra hug, today :)
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had to blockade my bedroom door last night, because it doesn't latch shut and my moms cat pushes the door open like a little rhino. :laugh: I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a kitty walking on me. :huh:

We have two of those kitty-rhinos in our home, plus a dog who is species confused and believes she's a cat complete with her version of a hiss. Closing the door doesn't work at my home. Most mornings I wake up to a crowded bed with hubby and I, at least one of the cats, the dog, and one of the boys who came in during the night. We decided we needed to lose weight just to fit everyone on the darn bed! :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I woke up crying this morning, so it's going to be a rough day, I just need to keep my focus on why I'm losing the weight.

Here's why I'm so sad... I'll try to keep it short... My mom was my best friend. She overdosed on 6/10/04 and fought in the hospital ICU (after she realized it was a mistake) until 7/6/04 when she died. I used to be so angry with her for leaving us at such a young age but that anger has turned into just missing her so much it hurts. To understand, you have to realize she was abused sexually and mentally her ENTIRE life. She was one of the strongest women I've ever known. My dad threatened her that day, and she figured, 'either go home and he'll beat me to death, or take these pills and take my own life'. Obviously, she was wrong. She could have come to my husband and I and we would have protected her, but when you're in that much despair, it's hard to see that, I suppose.

This time of year is always rough on me. The memories come flooding back and this year will be 5 years that she's been gone. I still remember that day we found her after she had taken the pills like it was yesterday. I remember the look of panic in her face, I remember my sister thinking she was going to be ok, and my reminding her that mom was not out of the woods by any means. I remember my dad trying to go into the hospital room and it was the first time I stood up to him and told him exactly what I thought of him... ugh. Even now, tears streaming down my face as I type this.

Anyway, just wanted to share. We all have to remember our mental health is just as important as our physical health, and we need to be thankful for small victories :)
    I cannot begin to imagine how this time of year makes you feel. My heart goes out to you :heart:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I had to blockade my bedroom door last night, because it doesn't latch shut and my moms cat pushes the door open like a little rhino. :laugh: I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a kitty walking on me. :huh:

We have two of those kitty-rhinos in our home, plus a dog who is species confused and believes she's a cat complete with her version of a hiss. Closing the door doesn't work at my home. Most mornings I wake up to a crowded bed with hubby and I, at least one of the cats, the dog, and one of the boys who came in during the night. We decided we needed to lose weight just to fit everyone on the darn bed! :laugh:

Haha. Well it wasn't like she came in and plopped down beside me, she was just prancing around on top of me! :laugh:

My brothers door doesn't latch either but his is kinda 'sticky'. so she sticks her paws under it and sinks her claws into the carpet, and then pulls herself into the door until it pops open. :laugh:
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    LostinCali---I'm so sorry that you're hurting. I wouldn't know what to do without my mom. She's my best friend and I dread the day that she's not here. You have a good support group here. I hope your day has gotten better.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    LostinCali - my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

j_g4ever - I know how you feel with the HRM - I had the same thing the other day. It kept sliding down on me. I went and measuring and sure enough I am losing inches :happy:

I have eatten a healthy breakfast and snack and am on my 2nd cup of water. :drinker: :drinker: I feel so much better when I am eatting healthy and getting my workouts in. I am hoping to get a workout in tonight after class but we will see.

Have a great healthy day everyone.
    :heart: J
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    I just did my 30 day shred, I'm on level 2 now... whew! I be soaked in sweat LOL... but I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!! Thank you ALL for the support, it means a lot to me.

My cat is a stinker at night too, cause he sleeps all day! Last night, he was attacking my feet. Good thing they were under the comforter lol.

Off to eat something and take a shower... thanks again, ladies :)
  • chrissyh
    Options
    RULES FOR CATS WHO HAVE A HOUSE TO RUN
    I. DOORS:
    Do not allow closed doors in any room. To get door opened, stand on hind legs and hammer with forepaws. Once door is opened, it is not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an "outside" door opened, stand halfway in and out and think about several things. This is particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito season. Swinging doors are to be avoided at all costs.

II. CHAIRS AND RUGS:
    If you have to throw up, get to a chair quickly. If you cannot manage in time, get to an Oriental rug. If there is no Oriental rug, shag is good. When throwing up on the carpet, make sure you back up so that it is as long as the human's bare foot.

III. BATHROOMS:
    Always accompany guests to the bathroom. It is not necessary to do anything -- just sit and stare.

IV. HAMPERING:
    If one of your humans is engaged in some close activity and the other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called "helping", otherwise known as "hampering". Following are the rules for "hampering":
    a) When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook. You cannot be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on and then picked up and comforted.
    b) For book readers, get in close under the chin, between eyes and book, unless you can lie across the book itself.
    c) For knitting projects or paperwork, lie on the work in the most appropriate manner so as to obscure as much of the work or at least the most important part. Pretend to doze, but every so often reach out and slap the pencil or knitting needles. The worker may try to distract you; ignore it. Remember, the aim is to hamper work.
    Embroidery and needlepoint projects make great hammocks in spite of what the humans may tell you.
    d) For people paying bills (monthly activity) or working on income taxes or Christmas cards (annual activity), keep in mind the aim -- to hamper! First, sit on the paper being worked on. When dislodged, watch sadly from the side of the table. When activity proceeds nicely, roll around on the papers, scattering them to the best of your ability. After being removed for the second time, push pens, pencils, and erasers off the table, one at a time.
    e) When a human is holding the newspaper in front of him/her, be sure to jump on the back of the paper. They love to jump.

V. WALKING:
    As often as possible, dart quickly and as close as possible in front of the human, especially: on stairs, when they have something in their arms, in the dark, and when they first get up in the morning. This will help their co-ordination skills.

VI. BEDTIME:
    Always sleep on the human at night so s/he cannot move around.
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Wow, awesome job, everyone!!

I just did 30 day shred cause I decided not to do it this morning, as usual, and I'm thinking I won't make that mistake again. With this heat, I about passed out! That DVD is no joke, man. Whew!

But obviously it's working for me, so I'm going to keep at it! Had a marginal day on my eating.. snuck in a couple nilla wafers as a snack cause I was craving sweets. Did good on my water drinking.. and still thirsty so will probably get another 2 cups in for sure before bed.

Keep up the good work, team!!
    I ate some nilla wafers too.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    :laugh:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    Oh I don't mean to upset anyone! I know we all get busy, I just don't want anyone to be offended if I don't remind them. That's all! :flowerforyou:

Today is supposed to be yoga, but in all honesty I usually skip it and use it as a rest day, but I think I'll run again even though my calves are still killing me! :noway: I feel good getting my exercise in everyday this week, because it's been longer than I can remember that I've even done 2 days in a row!! I'm just hoping to see the weight start falling off. I've been doing really well with my calories, too.

:heart:
    I wish my kitty would sleep with me. But no, he has to go sleep in the living room...:grumble:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Lostincali-:flowerforyou: :brokenheart: :cry: .I feel soo bad for you. My Mom is like my best friend too. I can't imagine the resentment you feel towards your Dad. I have 0 tolerance for that kind of crap...wish that generation did too. Be strong darlin'-we are all here for you...take your anger and pain out with exercise, it feels even better! As for changing your eating lifestyle, always remember what your Mom would want for you. And that's the best, you deserve it! So eat well, exercise, and forgive her for what happened. She's watching over you, wanting you to be ok.:heart:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, PMS week so if I gave you what the scale showed me this am, you'd see why, well, I didn't. UGLY:sad: Eat somemore crap Kath:explode: -on a good path right now. Way to go to you all!:drinker:

Exactly what my scale was.. I went up 2.6lbs! haha back to where I started :grumble:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    LostInCali.. Im sorry to hear that! Its terrible! Things like this just make me so mad!! Its such a sad sad world... Im just getting over being hurt from hearing a different news story.. Today is the first day Im not crying about it since I heard it... But now your story has brought me to tears! *hugs*

I just wish all the pain of the world would go away.. What a place...
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I woke up at 10:30 this morning. I went to bed early but I must've been tired. I'm eating good today, but I haven't got in exercise/cardio in yet. I'm hoping to do that in a little while.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Uggggh 1 more hour of work and then I can FINALLY go for my run. I'm liking these cloudy/gloomy days lately. I'd much rather run in weather like this than hot and sunny. :flowerforyou:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Uggggh 1 more hour of work and then I can FINALLY go for my run. I'm liking these cloudy/gloomy days lately. I'd much rather run in weather like this than hot and sunny. :flowerforyou:

I agree that these gloomy days are a lot nicer for running. There was one day I went to do my run and it was about 80 degrees out and it was so hard to finish. It is harder to get motivated to go out and run but it is better on the temperature side.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I have a real hard time breathing when I am running and it's hot - I guess we'll have to keep building our endurance.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    OOooookkkkkk.... I took my final exam today and as long as I passed it, I will be the proud owner of a Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management and Insurance from The University of Georgia!!! And I'm not doing a damn thing with it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LostinCali ~ All I can say is :heart: . I can't imagine the feelings. I know what you mean about this time of year bringing back memories, though! My husband completely betrayed my trust while I was pregnant and told me he wanted to leave me on Mother's Day last year. We obviously have come a long way to work things out and move on from that but being alone this Mother's Day not only made me really sad but made me very angry at him all over again. What you shared with us is making me realize that as hurt as I am, I still need to be thankful to have him in my life! He is very loving now and very, very sorry and ashamed for what he did. (No, he didn't cheat. If he had, he wouldn't be a part of my life right now)

Chrissy ~ LOVE the post about the kitty rules!!! They forgot that if the human has a laptop or computer keyboard, lay across it, especially if there is super important work to be done! Somehow, my husband's cat managed to delete him off my AIM buddy list. I couldn't figure out why his mobile number wasn't showing up there anymore until I realized she had also opened about 34 AOL Help screens at the same time. She's the same cat that sleeps on my chest when there's an entire Queen sized bed void of a second person. I swear she's just going to eat me in my sleep one night!

Good job to all you Blues who lost! Where is Bryce?! Is he back from his trip yet?! We need some testosterone back up in here! :tongue: To anyone who didn't check in or didn't lose... just keep plugging along and stick with it! You cannot fail until you give up!!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Oooh noooo!!! I just typed a whole big post and lost it. :sad:

Anyway....with more of !!!!!!!! and :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: ...I was just saying that I completed all 8 of the run/walks for the first week of C25k!!! After the first run I was doubting whether I was going to even make it as far as I did 2 days ago because my calves are so sore, but I kept thinking of my blue team and all those 300lb+ people on biggest loser and just kept running. I didn't stop no matter how slow I was going or how small my steps were. I used google maps and estimated that I did about 2mi which completely bloooows my mind because I haven't done any sort of walking or running since freshman year of high school!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Proof is in the picture...well my face is actually a bit more purple in person.....no wonder people driving by were looking at me like I was about to collapse. :laugh:

IMG_1096.jpg