If every day were like today

Options
...you would weigh XXX.XX in 5 weeks!

I really dislike that little note at the end of the day! I feel positive when it is a low number and if it is higher than I want....I feel like putting in the exercise tape! It really messes with my head!

Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Take it with a grain of salt, but yes, I know what you're saying. Patience is key :) Good luck!
  • christahollis
    christahollis Posts: 152
    Options
    I think that's the whole point...keeping us on track.
    If we're not on target, we see that 'if every day were like today' we would take far longer reaching our goals than perhaps we'd like.
    it amuses me, frankly.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I know it is supposed to help but..... I know when I don't seem to get all my calories in for the day....I have a really low number, and when I eat them, I have a higher number. So I can see where the thought process of 'If I don't eat, I will lose more' comes from. Isn't it rather misleading to a point?
  • flairbear
    flairbear Posts: 38
    Options
    I actually kind of like it...
    well thats probably because its been pretty good so far (3 days) it makes me feel motivated.
    I know, i guess if i looked at it and it told me i was going to weigh more than i do now i would feel really depressed. I think it just depends.
    Im sure you'll have a better day tommorow!!
    Good Luck:smile: and remember, that probably isn't how you will eat everyday, so you aren't going to gain weight !!

217051.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • blackbeltfairy
    Options
    It is definitely misleading.

I always get a kick out of, at the beginning of the day before I eat, checking that line. Apparently, if I don't consume any calories in the next 5 weeks, I could lose 20 lbs! Wow!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Oh it is always lower than my current wieght. An example is, over the weekend I did a ton of yard work, hard yard word and burned a bunch of calories but I also kept forgetting to go inside and eat something. So my calorie intake was way too low. The little note was telling me I would lose 12 pounds in 5 weeks if everyday was like that. But I thought that was not correct...that is supposed to put your body in starvation mode, so although I loved seeing those numbers, I don't see how it could be true and it could lead to eating less than I should (or anyone for that matter), and that is not what we are supposed to be doing right? Then I have a few days where I eat what I am supposed to, excercise like I am supposed to, and it only says I will lose 5 lbs in 5 weeks. Can you see where this would mess with a person? I think I am going to stop paying any attention to that darn little note! lol
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Its no different then stepping on a scale every night. The result is either gonna make you or break you.
    So don't use it! I weigh myself once a week. Thats plenty. If you obsess over numbers, they will consume you and let you down.
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Exactly. Other than calories consumed and calories burned to keep it in line...enough of that nonsense!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    that little phrase was THE reason I chose MFP over daily plate.

I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: seeing it. I am so disappointed if I do not get to my computer before midnight and I miss out on it.

I was THRILLED the very first time I saw it, and it said a number that was 10 lbs less than I weighed. It represented hope to me, hope that i could actually do this. 5 weeks didn't seem so far away, so I wanted to see if it was true. I figured, if it was BS, I would quit, move on....

THEN, when it actually came true, and more..... woooooooooooo I was HOOKED!
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    then don't click the button... lol
    In fact I didn't even know that button was there until about 2 weeks ago. So if it messes with your head to do that then just don't do it. :)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I click it everyday and say "I wish"....