Whos been around 300LB and finished a 5K?

Options
I am a little under 300LB the lightest Ive been in 6 years and my first 5K is coming up Aprill 22nd! I am so excited and so nervous!
I do cardio about 6 days a week strength 3 days So I am deff in training mode!

What I am wondering is ... What was it like!?

Mine has a big *kitten* bridge its only 3/4ths of a mile long but Im so excited!!

I know I will cry when I cross the finish line..shoot I cry just looking at pictures of other people crossing the finish line hahaha but Whats it like? Death or Love?!

Oh and most importantly what TIME did you come in? I am thinking about setting my goal at 45 min. The fastest I have run a mile is 16 min... so I am ambitious but my runner friends tell me you always go faster on race day

Replies

• katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've never run one at all, Diana... so I'm rooting for you!

xoxo
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    Good for you!! I walked a 5K a couple of weeks ago, and I have been 'on the road to a healthier me' since mid December, so only 3 months of prep. I am nervous to run, but would like to start soon. I think if you have a buddy you are doing it with, you will be great. Enjoy the whole event. It is a lot of fun being part of the crowd, doing something for yourself, and (since most are charity events) knowing you are giving something back, too.
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I did a 10K in Sept 2010 and I was about 310lbs. I am so proud of that accomplishment and it showed me I can do anything I put my mind to.
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I do the 5k run setting n the treadmill at the gym, but haven't tried a real one. That's awesome! Super proud of you!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    A 16 minute mile sure sounds good. Please post after you complete so we can share your excitement.
  • ashRodrigue
    ashRodrigue Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting! I've walked a few 5k's and one of my goals it to be able to run one. I don't think it is anything to be nervous about; there are people that go all different speeds from runners to slow walkers to people pushing baby strollers & walking dogs. Just go out & enjoy yourself! Finishing is every rewarding & you wouldn't believe the energy you'll have through the walk/run & even after.
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! Go diva! And everyone else thats done them!!

I cant imagine what it will be like I think thats why I am so nervous bc I am a planner in all senses of the word ... EX: my exercise and eating schedule are on spread sheet format and attatched to my fridge :laugh: . I am just more comfortable like that so I think that is why I am nervous!

I am running but only a min at a time so far my farthest run has been 4 one min's seperated by walks... my fastest min has been 5 MPH so I am thinking if I just do intervals i will be able to finish in... see I cant plan it thats why I am so nervous! hahahaha

Are there any pre-race meals? Its 7AM start time... omg side track I am getting a personalized bib! YES IT WILL BE FRAMED:love:

@katy TY!

@ksumme I can be w you virtually! Lets go! Never gonna know if you dont try! ( I told myself that today attempting my first jackknife on a ball if you dont know what that is GOOGLE it LMAO needless to say I landed straight on my face but I was still proud and happy bc I tried and I am so counting that as 1! hahahhaa)

@diva I love Zumba too and you look great!

@ susan I love your ticker pic I have that on my FB with my model BFFL tagged as the unicorn and me of course tagged as the rhino LOL

@sher thanks will do DEFF

@ashoubre yes this is what I am praying for I am not going to be upset if I am last place but it would be nice not to be! lol My runner friends told me there are many many walkers about 5000 came out to the race last year so I can only hope 4999 will all walk and I will win bahahahahah :laugh: jk of course some of my instructors from my sculpting class and my kombat class are going to be running to and them and my runner friends are coming back for me when they finish they said so I wont finish alone another LOL gee thanks guys hahahaha
    Anyone and everyone add me!!