Too tired

DreaL
DreaL Posts: 9
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have this dilemna that I'm trying to work out and would love to get some help.

On days that I work out, doing either a Shred, Zumba, elliptical or whatever, I end up taking multiple naps for the rest of the day. I'm drinking anywhere from 60-70 oz of water per day and I've cut out soda and fast food from my diet.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Oh and I do get about 7-7.5 hours of sleep every night.

Replies

• jdl249
    jdl249 Posts: 46
    What do you do after working out, just relax on the bed/couch or something? That's my problem with naps. If I tend to lay down in my bed or on the couch I usually fall asleep for a good two hours. If that's not the case...I honestly don't know. I hope it helps a little though.
  • Maybe you're not eating enough carbs and/or protein. Our bodies need carbs for energy! I've been experiencing the same thing just this week. Also, I live in Alabama where the humidity has been very high this week, and it makes me run out of energy because I'm having to breathe harder when I run outdoors. Try making some adjustments to your diet. Good luck. Don't give up!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    There are three common causes of fatigue:
    -Depending on your weight and the climate you live in, you still may not be getting enough water. The standard is your body weight times .5 for the number of ounces you should drink in a day. I prefer body weight times .66 when it's hot or I'm working out.
    -You may not be eating enough. If you're only eating 1200 calories and then you're working out on top of that, your body won't have the energy it needs so you'll feel tired.
    -You could be low on iron (a.k.a. you're anemic)

Someone else may know other things that could be causing it. If you're sure you're in the correct ranges for you, you may want to check with your doctor because there are a variety of medical issues that cause you to feel unusually tired.

Hope this help and you feel better!
  • DreaL
    DreaL Posts: 9
    According to the .5 theory, I should be drinking about 88 oz of water. I'll see if that doesn't help.

Also, after working out, I tend to eat. I mean, I eat breakfast before working out (about an hour or so) but then after I finish working out, I eat lunch within about a half hour. Maybe I'll get back into taking my multivitamin and see if that doesn't fill some of the minerals and vitamins that I might be missing.

Thanks for the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.