Out of the mouths of babes..

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
Comes humiliation and embarassment for their mothers.
I was in the grocery store check-out line with my (almost) 2 year old. There was a very large woman in a bright yellow coat in front of us. He points to her and loudly yells 'BUS?, BUS?, BUS? Over and over. 'Mommy...BUS'. I tried to distract him. I tried to pretend he wasn't talking about her. She knew it, I knew it, the cashier knew it. Holy crap I couldnt get out of there fast enough.

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Poor lady. And poor you. But on the other hand, it's hilarious. Only because your son didn't know any better. Maybe she'll turn up on MFP sometime soon determined to make it so no one ever mistakes her behind for a bus again!

Or at least stop wearing yellow?
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If a person is so sensitive that a 2 y/o can hurt their feelings, then they should just stay indoors for the rest of their fragile lives.

On the bright side, this will be an awesome story to bring up at Christmas time for the rest of your life :)
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it was horrible to be there but, I almost swallowed my cigar whole. How many calories in a cigar.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    That's FUNNY!!!!!! :laugh:

If you ever wanna know what people might be thinkin about you......a kid will always let you know...even when they don't even know it. Kids...ya gotta love em'....
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I have been on the receiving end of some of those comments and don't fret. Whenever that happened to me I always saw the mother are mortified, even though I don't take it personally. They just don't have a filter at that age :laugh:

If they did take it personally they have several options. Stay in their house forever, wallow, or do something about it! Maybe because of your son she will start to change her life :smile:

Also, your son is really cute!

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna