Starting c25k and 30day shred at the same time.

Options
bluefox9er
bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
Having experienced both workouts but never completing them, I am thinking of starting both together concurrently.

Which should I do first? the c25k and the 30 day shred as the next workout or do the 30 day shred first and then go out and do the c25k? or does it make no difference which you do first? i'll be doing them as one combined workout on a daily basis.

thanks for your help :-):smile:

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm doing them together right now.

I think they supplement each other very well. [:

Edit now that I actually read the question: I don't think it matters at all, really. But I personally do them at separate times. I guess if I had to do them together I'd do the shred first, since it tends to wear me out more, to make sure I have the energy to make it through. The c25k is more about endurance then speed, so it would make sense to do that when you're a bit more tired.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    thanks hush! i know from last time how much 30ds hurt like hell when it was over!!
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    When I did both during the same time period last August I always did my run first but that was mostly because I wanted to do that before it got too hot outside. I say whatever works for your schedule or try mixing it up and see what you like. I'm sure you'll have no problem. I've actually been thinking about starting 30DS again. I really need to kick things up a notch and it helped before. Good luck with it all!
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm doing them together. I'm not 100% successful in the C25K - having some trouble getting through all the jogs, but I'm happy with the results I'm seeing. :smile:
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    I just finished 30 DS today and I've been doing C25K for the past three weeks. I do 30DS first, then skip the cooldown and start C25k. I feel I have better energy for 30DS if I do it first than I would if I did C25K first. Good luck, they're both great programs!