To any of you who have gotten their belly buttons pierced

Options

Replies

• doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be so pedantic, you might as well use the clinical term.

...And stay off the forums because we dislike self righteous people.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Mine left a small hole, it's not that noticeable. I do have to keep my ring in though or it looks funny. If I want to stop wearing it I'll need to see my doc to stitch it up.
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options

... I have always wanted to get my belly button pierced (when I am down to my goal weight), but have often wondered the affects of pregnancy? Anyone have experiences to share?

Mine stretched pretty bad. I kept the ring in for almost 7 months with my first and when I got pregnant with my daughter(in 2009) I took it out and never put it back in. I hate the way my belly looks because of the stretch marks and the stretched belly button just adds to that.

Thanks for the info :flowerforyou: . I have always been hesitant as the ladies in my family have a tendency towards very heavy stretch marks. Some of my friends who have kids look like nothing ever happened! Darn genetics. I think I will wait until after kids. I have been using rose hip oil on my weight gain stretch marks and it seems to be really helping, so I wonder if you could use it preventatively aswell.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I had mine done. I think it got infected. Then I took it out. Repierced it myself a couple years later with a needle I found lying around. Yeah, bad idea.

I now have a horrible scar :(

In general, though, I'd imagine it leaves a neat little dot :-)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    First, unless you're 5 years old, it's your navel, not your belly button...

:noway: where do all these rude and arrogant people on MFP come from?
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Belly button scars, lip scars, nose scars. But the aren't particularly noticable
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Geeez..where in the hell did that come from?
    [/quote]

haha my thought exactly....
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No prob! Happy to help ^.^

Obviously I am kinda a belly button ring nut, I just couldn't stop until it worked! >.< Thank goodness for it working now!

I wish I had known about the titanium in the first place. So. Much. Money. Gone!! To piercing, and to jewelry that I ended up giving to my friends.
    Live and learn right? :p
  • babigurl86
    babigurl86 Posts: 138
    Options

so after age 5 no one is allowed to say belly button? :huh:

You're allowed, of course, but you should have the intelligence NOT to... Everyone is allowed to be stupid, or act that way...

Every tattoo artist/piercer that I know charges extra when people say "bellybutton"... Stupidity tax.

Just an FYI... dumbing yourself down does not make you cute.

ok.....WOW

i'm from the uk and hardly anyone says navel,does this make us all stupid? :huh:

annnnywho....
    mine didn't scar but i did get stretch marks from it during my pregnancies
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    About 10 years ago, I had my belly button pierced. Took it out after 6 months as it wasn't healing well. It healed and left a tiny scar. 10 years later, I can hardly see the scar, it's a tiny, slightly dark spot next to my piercing (I had it re-pierced). Hardly noticeable.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    ... I have always wanted to get my belly button pierced (when I am down to my goal weight), but have often wondered the affects of pregnancy? Anyone have experiences to share?

Had my belly button pierced when I was in my early 20's by a reputable piercing parlor, never had any problems. No scarring, infections, or anything.I did not leave it in when I was pregnant and that is perhaps why I didn't get stretch marks from the piercing although I got plenty of stretch marks on my lower abdomen. I've gone from 125 lbs to 189 lbs and still haven't gotten any stretch marks from (the piercing). I go months without wearing it and it is just a little hole. If I don't wear it for awhile, I do occasionally slide some body jewelry in there to keep it cleaned out. Maybe gross but I do get a white buildup of gunk in there. 10 years and it has never closed up or given me problems! (knock on wood LOL). When I reach my weight loss goal I'll probably starting wearing my jewelry in there regularly again.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Mine is closed up. It did leave a tiny faint line at the top hole, although pretty insignificant. (I had to look at it to answer this thread because I never noticed.) The bottom hole left a slightly more noticeable mark, but it's hidden. Then again, I tend to scar more easily than some people.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

so after age 5 no one is allowed to say belly button? :huh:

You're allowed, of course, but you should have the intelligence NOT to... Everyone is allowed to be stupid, or act that way...

Every tattoo artist/piercer that I know charges extra when people say "bellybutton"... Stupidity tax.

Just an FYI... dumbing yourself down does not make you cute.

Geeez..where in the hell did that come from?

BAHAHAH. I'm sure that all the tattoo artists/piercers are just as pretentious as you :)
    No worries.
    "Dumbing yourself down"? Wearing a hat with a goddamn face on it and correcting something that nearly EVERYONE says does not make you cute... It makes you a *****.
    FYI.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I got mine done twice and both times it migrated. I have lots of other piercings and no others had any issues. So, because I had to take mine out early (about a month after getting it pierced - both times!) and because of what happened, I do have a pretty ugly scar above my belly button. That being said, if your piercing heals correctly there should be no scarring, just a tiny hole when it is healed.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I have 2, top and bottom - never taken them out so I couldn't tell you about scarring, though based on my facial ones they will probably never heal over should I take the jewelry out as the holes are well-healed and established. The holes are fairly innocuous though, so they don't bother me - they're just part of my story!

Scarring is a very individual thing, as is how a piercing heals. There are many factors, from positioning, genetics, what you wear, how you clean it, what jewelry it's done with... whether you're lucky or not lol.

Go to a good piercer, who will happily pierce your belly button, (and shouldn't charge you more for calling it that! :bigsmile: ) And good luck with it! If you do get signs of rejection, you're usually better off taking the jewellery out before your body does it for you to minimise scarring.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    well i got mine pierced b4 i had my baby (so about 2-3 years i had is in) when i was pregnant i took mine out because of the expanding size of my pregnant belly...mine has a scar but but it just looks like a dimple above my NAVEL/BELLY BUTTON...but that is my cute scar..after i lose some of this weight depending on how my stomach looks i think about getting it redone just like i had my ears redone...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I get keloid scars so mine sort of still looks like a hole but it's not open. There's a lump there. I'd say mine is quite noticeable but I've had it like this for 7 years so it doesn't really register. I found it irritating because it would always hit the cash register counter when I worked retail. It ended up falling out after I lost the ball. If you do get one, make sure it's internally threaded as that will help reduce irritation.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've never had a reason to take mine out, even when I gained 25 lbs I kept it in cause it's cute. My mom is 52 years old and she got hers pierced at around 40 and she still has it. Go for it, get it pierced! It's fun and cute!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

First, take the stick out your bum
    Second, calling someone a five year old while wearing a little animal hat is a bit hypocritical mm?
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options

First, take the stick out your bum
    Second, calling someone a five year old while wearing a little animal hat is a bit hypocritical mm?

^^ Love this.