fluctuations - is it ok to have high cal days and lo-cal day

Options
I joined only a week ago and have been on holidays. It has been easy to keep up activities to burn cals.
I'm going back to a sedentary job on Monday and will find it hard to maintain. I have a knee injury so can't do heaps of walking or many stairs at all. Seems most desk jockeys do stairs :noway:
So does it hinder my weight loss goal to have days of low cal and days of high cal mixed up during the week?
I have Wednesdays off and that's always a gym day.
thanks in advance

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I focus on my weekly intake over the daily. If it balances out then I figure it's all good. There are people who base their entire eating routine around bouncing the total intake around. they think that it burns more fat. :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    As long as overall weekly total is in line, its fine. It can be somewhat beneficial. Sometimes when a plateau is reached doing this is called cycling calories and can help get or keep you unstuck.
  • Sasseh42
    Sasseh42 Posts: 16
    Options
    I actually recommend doing it like that!

Alternate day fasting is what it's called and there has been research done that it can even help with all kinds of medical conditions!

I am on a gluten, sugar, dairy and pork/redmeat free diet right now for health reasons and I have a very hard time getting enough calories to not starve myself. How I have compromised is to try at least every third day to have a day I go OVER my calories.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I do a high day Sundays still try and be kinda healthy but go way over calories