Fat 2 Fit, Metabolism Cookbooks, Sensa, what do you think?

Options
I saw an earlier post from someone that recommended the calculator on the Fat 2 Fit website. I've got people at work that swear by a cookbook Jillian Michael's wrote about metabolism. I have another friend that thinks Sensa is fantastic. I have a (former) trainer that put me on a very limited diet.

What works for you? Is there any one philosophy you suscribe to on this journey?

Replies

• DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Calories IN and Calories OUT! That's it. Everything else is the same thing in a different package.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Be sure you are eating enough. Trainers should know that very low calorie diets lead to muscle loss.

As far as my philosophy:

Lift heavy, eat lots of good stuff, but not too much. Patience and a drive to do better in life are essential.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Fat 2 Fit has great calculators to help you determine calories. Then it comes down to calories in/calories out. Low cals isn't the solution.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I think that for most people eating a healthier, sustainable diet and increasing exercise works pretty well. I lost 25 lbs years ago like that and kept it off until I became very ill and bedridden. My husband has lost a lot of weight this last month or so by paying attention to portions (he eats whatever he wants, just less) and getting more exercise (some of that was a job change that keeps him on his feet a lot).

If I wasn't diabetic I wouldn't eat as low carb as I do. If you don't have a medical condition I think you should eat a good variety of food, little processed foods, lots of veggies, use whole grains not refined, and eat a normal amount of protein, fat, dairy, fruit. Make it a point to walk a lot, play sports, play with your kids, do what makes you happy, just get up and move.