Healthy sweet treat ideas needed

Options
crazydv
crazydv Posts: 183 Member
Hi all

I'm planning an Easter brunch at my home. I'm looking for some healthy sweet treats to have for dessert.

Thanks in advance for your ideas

Cris

Replies

• SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Check out Oh She Glows (google it!) she has some great recipes. Many of them are vegan, but I've made some and not made them vegan. There is an awesome almond butter brown rice rice crispy topped with chocolate.

Angel food cake is high in sugar, but fat free. My mom used to make strawberry shortcake with it... you can also do a strawberry short cake parfait or trifle. Cube the angel food cake, layer it with diced strawberries and whipped cream, cool whip or a cream cheese cool whip blend.
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com has almost every recipe ever invented. They are great and you can list the ingredients in that you want to use and they will show you all the recipes with them. You can make anything less fat/calories. Check it out - I use it all the time!
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl's theme this week is a brunch, the Danish sounds delicious!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/episodes/knockout-brunch

She has other great dessert recipes too.
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow...thank you all for your suggestions. MFP people are the best!
  • allie5426
    Options
    Hi there I made these last week. So easy and very tasty.

1 box of devils food cake mix
    1 personal size snack low/no sugar applesauce
    1 can of pumpkin (Not the pumpkin pie filling just the pumpkin)
    1 to 1/2 cups warm water

Mix all together, mixture should be thick but free of too many lumps.

Pour mixture into cupcake tins. I use a liner to avoid greasing the pan. Top with one tsp of light cool whip if you wish, great plane too.

Hope this helps! :-):-):-)