Weight Loss with illness and medication??

Options
Hey ladies. I'm looking for some buddies who can help support and motivate me that have similar problems. I know medications and certain illness can make a person gain weight. I have Endometriosis, which makes me tired pretty quickly. I also take medications for it, as well as other things.

What are some good tips for me to lose weight a little easier while dealing with this as well? I really have to do this. I kept saying I wouldn't hit 175, then 190, now I'm at 210 and I cannot go anymore. I feel tired, old, and worn out.

Feel free to add me too!

THANKS!

Replies

• Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i dont have any suggestions but just here to say im cheering you on!
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Build up your strength by walking. When you can do more, thats when you are going to start feeling a little better. Also do stretching, breathing exercises and walking up and down the stairs. Maybe you start by 2 times up and down the stairs while there's a commercial on tv, then increase, baby steps. Thats how I'm doing it.
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I too have health issues and drink meds that side effects include fat accumulation. Due to that, I thought I would forever be obese. When I hit 224lbs I said to myself enough, I have to at least try to lose some weight and I did.

I've been dieting for a year now and joined MFP this month as I am nearing goal weight and need the motivation to push on. My only advice to you is do not give up! Stay withing your calorie goal and exercise. I promise you that you will lose weight!

Add me if you like....I'll be here for you!
  • NeekyRae
    NeekyRae Posts: 34
    Options
    Falling2Grace- Thank you!

Teddy- Nice plans to start! I love the idea of doing it during commericlas! Thanks!

Soy- I sent you an add. Thank you for your encouraging words! And congratulations on all your weight loss!
  • amalthea23
    amalthea23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you the moment I figure out how! (I assure you, it will be moments.) I'm chronically ill and often have medication issues (i.e., no, sorry, I'd rather suffocate than get fat again, thanks, doc.)
  • NeekyRae
    NeekyRae Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi amalthea,
    I got your add!