SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo... May 28th

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Hello, pebbles. Today is race day! I have to decide if I can tolerate running in a rain coat, or if I should just plan to get wet and try to stash a towel somewhere. Other than that, nothing planned!

Running boogaloo! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I would get wet and enjoy the rain - though I don't know what the temperature will be.

My yoga teacher said I need to practice headstand everyday. I've been doing it about once a week. I might try it today - though I'm not doing any other yoga. Plan is bike errand and walk.

Crazy kitty is not feeling well. I'll ask today at the vet to see if that's normal after getting her vaccines. She's still eating though - so we do have something in common :wink:

Good luck Boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I hope the race goes great CP! And that you don't get rained on too much.
    Mary, I hope your kitty gets better soon!
    Today is a busy day for us running errands. I am taking Alex to his doctor to get his front teeth checked. They are turning gray, so I think the nerves are dead. :cry: I still thank God it's just his baby teeth. The doc is going to check them to make sure everything else is okay. I think they just miss Alex and want to see him again. :wink:
    Then we are going grocery shopping. That may be my only exercise for the day. We'll have to see how the rest of the day goes. I have an eye appointment this afternoon too. Apparently I upset my hubby so I need to try to fix that as well. He's been in a bad mood for two days but shrugs off when I ask him what's wrong. Men.
    Have a good day everyone! I'll check back in later!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi pebbs.

CP, good running today! We're having moments of sun on our side of the lake, so maybe one will come on over for you.

Today is my first spin class back (I ended up not up to it last week, despite my plans). I'm actually nervous, as I haven't set foot in my gym in about three weeks. (I only like one yoga teacher there.)

Oh, and Mary, my cats are always sort of out of it the day after a vet visit. I'm not sure if it's the booster shots or the stress. :ohwell:

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Go CP!!!! I'm going to bet your cross the finish close to 30min! You underestimate yourself :flowerforyou:

Where did May go? I remember conference championships, last two weeks of classes, a week of final exams and grading, graduation, my husband going to San Angelo for NCAA track meet, my photo shoot at Myrtle Beach (with our son all by myself since husbands return flight from tx got missed due to weather)....Oh, wait. That was May! :tongue: (my life in a nut shell)

BUT!!! I was pretty good on food and kicked butt on my exercise for the month. I did some 6-8 mile runs and felt great. Never attempted the 10 mile; maybe tomorrow. That one takes some psyching up for and I haven't been in the mood to positive self-talk to myself for that long! :noway: did 20 min on stationary bike (thunderstorming) then quick 2 miles between bands of rain (they're calling for 3 inch/hour rates off & on all evening!!)

Well, stress is the name of the game right now. Our college president is leaving, then our athletics director announced he has taken a new position. 7 faculty were cut (some of over 25 years), then suddenly several coaches have announced new jobs or resignations... :huh: I am waiting to see what our future holds. Anyone know of schools looking for track/cross country coach & an athletic trainer? Could use the CYA factor right now!

Everyone keep up the great work. June is right around the corner... time to report on those re-boot goals!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Just got back from 2 weeks filming the buffalo activists in Yellowstone! It was sooo crazy but fun. I got to do a bit of hiking and exploring and fell in LOVE with the Park. If anyone wants more info on (or to help) the Buffalo Field Campaign, check out www.buffalofieldcampaign.org. They are doing amazing work --- it's a very sad situation up there. I'm hoping the pilot goes to series so that everyone can see it.

Okay, in other news, GOOD LUCK on the race, cp!

My goal today is to get to the gym for 45 minutes of cardio intervals, and maybe a yoga class this afternoon after yesterday's loooooong 14-hr day of traveling.

Also need to:
    ~ Log my food (pre-log it so I can track the cals)
    ~ Take my vitamins
    ~ Hydrate!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Special bonus prize for taking a month of from spin:

I just burned 625 in an hour of spinning. (It was about 450 a month ago).

I'm eating an extra sushi cucumber roll to celebrate.:tongue:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I made it! Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone. It rained the whole time - and there was some thunder as well. So I got COMPLETELY soaked, and I got to feel at least a little bit hardcore. :wink:

I crossed the finish line at 41:02, but they didn't have a clock at the starting line so I don't know how long it took me to actually get across the start (there were a lot of people in front of me). And I was running the whole thing with my husband, who I am super proud of because he ran the whole distance (he has been working up to it, but always had to take a walking break or two before). It was actually kinda fun, in a way - definitely an experience to run the whole thing in the rain. And for a large part of it, I had about 50 policemen/women running in formation behind me, doing chants (you know, boot camp-style, "left, left, left right left"). So that made me feel a little hardcore, too. :laugh:

MM - sorry about Alex's teeth. Poor kiddo. :frown:
    AD - nice to see you! I am so impressed with your runs.
    And WL - welcome back!!! I hope your show gets picked up.
    Mary - hope your kitty feels better soon.

Hardcore boogaloo!!!!! :drinker: