Welcoming myself to the room

Options
roxygirl
roxygirl Posts: 4 Member
Hello everyone My name is Dawn I was refered this site by a fellow friend from fitnessrx for women. And Im rather greatful I was given this site as I love how it helps you keep yourself accountable for all that you do during the day and nite. I was a memeber of fitday.com but didnt like the layout of the site nearly as much as this one.

A little about myself. I lost over 100 pounds back in 2003. I was heavyly overweight for a good part of my 20s and 30s. I have managed to keep it off for over six years now and down to my last ten pounds or so and want to build up muscle tone. I have competed in two triathlons and have two or three more sprints I plan to finish this year. I have my own home gym and recently bought my first road bike to aid me in my races.

I enjoy running, biking, rollar blading, swimming, sailing, reading and writing when I can. Im a rather active person now compared to the past. I come from a family of overweight women and men so Im wanting to prove to not only my family that at any age you can improve yourself..but to myself as well.

Im a mom of three kids and i also want them to see me as a active healthy person as well and learn from me that life can be just as much fun by moving around..doing fun things posed to playing video games.

So thats me in a nutshell..a 40something mom..turned active athelete.

Cheers
Dawn

Replies

• lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    Welcome! You are an inspiration to the rest of us 40 somethings that are just beginning. :smile:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Dawn!!! Congrats on losing over 100 pounds! Wow, you are awesome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the 100lbs..
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your amazing success! You rock!!! :flowerforyou:

I am sure you will find this site to be helpful in maintaining your healthy lifestyle! :wink:

-Tami
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome!
  • roxygirl
    Options
    Thank you everone..sure does help to have that extra push behind me as Im prepared to give it in return to you all. It wasnt easy to lose all that weight..but im the better for it.
  • roxygirl
    Options
    Ill have to post my before pics and current pics sometime so others can see my transformation.

217443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I do. This site is so motivational, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so great here. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: