run naked.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Crazy glue or duct tape. Your choice ;)
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem because all the new workout shorts I have the stupid single pull string not to kind the with a string that can be tied....freakin annoying!

I just thought of something, I can probably cut the loop in the middle and tie it together.....hmmmm. I'll let you know if that works.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    run naked.

:drinker: :laugh: :laugh:

An additional bonus: if the authorities see her, she'll get a chance to work on her speed/pace, too!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you probably need new pants! Maybe you could go for those legging-type running pants (sorry, don't know what they're called)....if they're form fitting it would seem they would probably stay fitting for longer than just say, shorts or track pants.
  • Moana41
    Moana41 Posts: 35
    Options
    Anybody have any tips/tricks on how to keep that from happening? Apart from buying new pants. XP

Duct tape.....

:tongue:

Ouch, lol.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Ha, I had the same problem today. Warmup run on the dreadmill, pants (which seem pretty tight until I run) were sliding down constantly. I was hitching up my pants the whole run...I'm sure I looked pretty retarded to the elliptical people behind me :blushing:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    1. belt
    2. duct tape
    3. suspenders
    4. sew the waist band tighter

Personally, I use a belt to hold my pants up... Then again, shorts really are not that expensive... and you will feel a LOT better in clothes that fit.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    run naked.

:drinker: :laugh: :laugh:

An additional bonus: if the authorities see her, she'll get a chance to work on her speed/pace, too!

As great of an idea this is... I only run in the middle of the day, usually during the lunch-time rush... not gonna happen lol
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you probably need new pants! Maybe you could go for those legging-type running pants (sorry, don't know what they're called)....if they're form fitting it would seem they would probably stay fitting for longer than just say, shorts or track pants.

That's the thing though... they are legging style running pants. The only thing is I bought them 3 months ago and had only worn them once or twice before I went out for a run the other day.. I have another pair that I'm hoping haven't gotten too big yet.

I might actually try shrinking my pants-- since it's all spandex to it might shrink a bit.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores are FULL of barely worn athletic wear. Some people join a gym, buy the clothes, never go, then throw out the clothes because they fell guilty every time they see them. Or they do go, and shrink out of their clothes quickly, and need new ones because they don't want them falling down.
  • michaelthorsonjr
    Options
    I bought running tights...they're awesome...will never run in anything else.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    umm... tie a belt around your pants. Karate style!! and you can be a black belt too!!
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Depending on how big they are: gather and secure with a cloth hair band, use a large safety pin with the pin sticking out so you don't get poked, or tie a knot in them at the waist like the cleaning ladies do with trash bags so they dont fall into the trash can.