Who's done the 30 Day Shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• HeatherFP13
    HeatherFP13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ok - so mixed results after 30 days. I am a little bummed because my weight was actually +0.1 lbs this week, so in 30 days I am only down 3.4lbs. Measurement wise...I can only go from day 10 becuase my hubby had issues measuring on day 1. lol So- in the last 20 days, I gained 1" on my left arm and .75" on my right arm. I'm ok with that because I know there is muscle there that wasn't there before. Other than that: chest -1", under chest -3". waist -3 1/2", hips -0.5", thighs -1" and -1.5", calves -0.25" and -0.5". So a total of 11.25" down and 1.75" up in the arms. Not huge, but definitely worth it.
  • mici0427
    mici0427 Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm starting this tomorrow...do you continue with your regular workouts or use this in place of them? Just wondering how best to get results:-)
  • kellyemb
    kellyemb Posts: 18
    Options
    I usually do her DVD after I run on my treadmill for 30 minutes... When your just starting you don't want to overdo it though, I was told by a trainer to do her DVD every other day and work my normal running schedule in on the other days. Make sure you also give yourself a recovery day!!! Its also a good idea to switch it up because its not beneficial for you to work the same muscles everyday. Your muscles help you burn fat calories as they repair themselves but they need 48 hours to do that unless your on steroids ( I'm assuming your not ;) ) I've also bought her 6 week, 6 Pack and love it!!! I do it a couple times a week on my 30DS off days!!! Good luck!!!! You'll be buying more of her DVD's, They're a fantastic workout!
  • chairperson
    Options
    Anyone else about ready to mute Jillian and just do the video by watching?

I just finished day 2, level 1. I've cruised so many threads on MFP about the amazing results, and of course hope that I have a similar experience.

Jumping jacks are bizarrely hard. But all-in-all, I was kind of surprised by how simple and relatively easy the workout is after hearing so much rave review. I know...just wait till week two or three. I'm sure I'll get my *kitten* kicked.

Anyway. One of the things I've looked for on MFP was what weight dumbbells people were using. I saw a lot of people using 2 or 3 lb weights. I'm using 5 lbs and they seem fine. I use 7 or 8 lb weights with my trainer.

Once I'm done with the 30 days, I'll quote myself and give a more seasoned review.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I did it half assedly last year and lost 10 pounds. Stayed on level 1 for hmmm like 20/30 days.
    It hurts like a b.i.t.c.h, but I must say, it works! And I managed to keep the weight off.
  • AddictedtoTattoos
    Options
    I tried it before and didn't like it because of the repetitiveness because I get bored easily, so now i'm doing it every other day, so I don't get bored with it and I can stay on the wagon.
  • myoldselfback
    myoldselfback Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started today but couldn't find my weights so I stopped after the 2nd strength exercise. I figure since so many people got sore doing it why not just ease into the 1st week?
    Here's to tomorrow finishing day 1.
    P.S. in the introduction it says there is a 4th and final week workout?
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing it and love it. I did pair it with her Shred with Weights DVD which is a kettle bell routine. Doing both I burn 464 calories according to my heart rate monitor. Doing just the 30 day Shred, I don't believe you burn much calories but lose a ton of inches! I highly recommend both!
    11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I just finished day 2, level 1. I've cruised so many threads on MFP about the amazing results, and of course hope that I have a similar experience.

Jumping jacks are bizarrely hard. But all-in-all, I was kind of surprised by how simple and relatively easy the workout is after hearing so much rave review. I know...just wait till week two or three. I'm sure I'll get my *kitten* kicked.

Anyway. One of the things I've looked for on MFP was what weight dumbbells people were using. I saw a lot of people using 2 or 3 lb weights. I'm using 5 lbs and they seem fine. I use 7 or 8 lb weights with my trainer.

I mute her too :-) I just put on some tunes of my own and go at it.
    I use 5lbs too. Hope to increase that as well.
    Once I'm done with the 30 days, I'll quote myself and give a more seasoned review.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I think I was on day 6 and had lost 4.5 inches. I haven't measured again since this seems to be a bloaty week for me so I just try to pretend I don't weigh or measure myself.

I do know the turkey wattle under my arm is almost gone and my face is thinner.
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Sweet! SHould I do my normal excersise routine as well as the DVD or would that be too much?

In doing the shred now. On a podcast jillian m suggests that you do the shred for two days, then 1 day of cardio, shred two more days, then another day of cardio and then a rest day. I have been following this and am getting great results! I'm doing the c25k on the cardio days. You do not have to stay on each level 10 days, she tells you right in the beginning of the video to move on when you feel ready. I stuck to level 1 for ten days and am starting level 2 tomorrow although I probably could have started 2 a few days ago. All in all, I recommend it!
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have a whole group starting this DVD tomorrow... I started this group on Facebook; we are called "That's not Sweat, That's my body Crying" - ha ha. I am excited to start - tho I wonder how much exercise I can actually fit in - I run, I just joined a gym to weight train and now this... WOW! Who Am I? ;)
  • vonfloto
    vonfloto Posts: 2
    Options
    I started it last week, however I have been taking it easy. I alternate with her 6 week ab workout but I haven't been following a strict time schedule so it will probably be a 60 day shred for me! I haven't noticed any weight difference yet but I can definitely feel more muscles in my arms, and my stomach feels a little tighter!
  • littlememo
    Options
    I did 30ds to kick start my activity levels (I finished it 2 weeks ago) as I've been loosing weight slowly for a few years and never really got the hang of regular exercise. I didn't measure myself but saw a shape change and more definition in my arms, in terms of weight it didn't make too much difference which was a little disappointing but the main thing it did was let me know that I am capable of regular exercise and I'm managing to keep it up which has got to be a good thing :)
    It all depends on how much you have to loose, what shape you're in now and what else you do alongside it but reading other peoples posts I think there is real variety in the results people have seen but it's worth giving it a go :)
  • cherryObebe
    cherryObebe Posts: 189
    Options

Level 1 is the worst, as far as THIS is concerned. lol By about day 7, I did mute her and played my own music! I found that levels 2 and 3 were not as bad though. Hang in there. :)