Am always sore! D:

Options
I alternate my workouts a lot, and as a result, I feel like I am almost ALWAYS sore. I've been waiting/hoping for my body to just get used to it and stop being SO sore, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

My mother has been working out for over 3 years and she says that she's always sore, but that she likes the feeling.

Will I just have to accept that I'll always feel sore somewhere from now on? I mean, its nice to know that I'm strengthening my body and that my workouts are *working* but I don't like the aching muscle feeling every time I sit or stand or move.

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I am always sore and was told by a bunch of ppl on here I was overtraining. I don't think I am because like you I switch up my workouts and don't train the same muscle group any days in a row.... I like the feeling... it's a good sore, not a i-am-so-tired-i-just-want-to-sleep sore...
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    There's a good sore and a bad sore. I've noticed I'm always a little sore and when I'm not sore I know it's time to increase weight or change it up. It could be that you're not getting enough nutrition/protein to sustain your workouts. I noticed since starting Shakeology last month I am less sore and have a lot more stamina...
  • nikrit84
    nikrit84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My legs (calves/shins) are Always sore! To the point where I can't even jog on the treadmil for 30 seconds. I have done it to myself though. Only exercise I do is cardio from the treadmil, stair stepper, and eliptical. I actually have a routine before my workouts...2 excedrin and biofreeze rolled on my legs. and some days it works and I get my full 3 mile jog in or I end up just put put walking for an hour.
  • anandaamrita
    anandaamrita Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Perhaps spend twice as long stretching? I always stretch halfway through and again at the end - note a real difference the next day when I do/ don't...
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Google Epsom Salt Bath. Do it 2-3 times per week. It's relaxing and amazingly helpful with sore muscle issues. Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've had to stop exersizing because I've had the Flu for the last 5days but prior to then I was having this problem... I was sore and fatigued and not improving after 5wks exersizing. I've actually taken the issue to my doctor and had blood tests to see if there is any clues there. My follow up appt is 4 days away so I'll let you know if they find anything significant that may be a clue to others in the same boat...
  • ParisArkw
    ParisArkw Posts: 186
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the replies, everyone!

And tinamina, an epsom salt bath sounds amazing!! I will have to buy me some salt. =)

Also, going to stretch more. =)
  • ParisArkw
    ParisArkw Posts: 186
    Options
    Peta- Ugh, that has to be torture! Last time I got the flu, I absolutely hated not being able to work out. I hope everything goes well with the results, I'd be interested to hear about them. =)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It may be a nutritional issue. If I don't get enough protein or enough calories overall, I start to have a lot of issues with soreness. That said, being a little sore is normal, but being a lot sore, all the time may be an indication of some sort of problem--either overtraining or some sort of medical/biological issue.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    More protein and maybe try some BCAAs? They help me significantly!