• rachanne0906
    Options
    ok asking what has worked for you?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ok asking what has worked for you?

there is no magic food or fat burning food

a caloric deficit with resistance and cardio exercise is what works to lose weight and improve your well being
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit doesn't burn fat. It stops some of the calories you consume from becoming fat.

And I eat it on a daily basis. I eat light tuna every day as well.
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes , cucumbers, oatmeal regulates insuline , eggs , anything that is work to process makes the body work harder and raises matabolism and that burns fat . :) ,
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Grapefruit doesn't burn fat. It stops some of the calories you consume from becoming fat.

LOL
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    ^^ but everything you eat your body has to work to process. that process is called the digestive system.

sorry but there's a lot of misinformation in this thread :frown:
  • rachanne0906
    Options
    ok umm thanks? just asking a question has a new member on here.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

its good to ask questions....just be prepared to get a lot of answers that have no foundation in anything real and some answers that are pure nonsense.

good luck
  • erikkanicolejessen
    erikkanicolejessen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For the best information, go to www.kimberlysnyder.net and read some of the blog articles. Trust me-- HUGE eye opener. The articles are so informative. So, visit that site and learn for yourself from a nutritionist. I swear by her program.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. I tend to chat more on the walls with my friends which never end in arguments unlike some of the posts on the boards lol. Good luck with your journey :)
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

LOL

Didn't know I was a comedian. I knew I was in the wrong profession :huh:
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options

LOL

More like flat out rudeness...just saying. She was asking a question to get answers, not sarcasm.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

LOL

I thought you were being sarcastic. How does grapefruit stop calories from becoming fat?
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice in cold or hot water. It works.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    *bangs head against wall*

none of this will work, there is no such thing.

"Myth 3: Hot peppers and green tea will speed up your metabolism. Unfortunately, false. There are no foods that will speed up metabolism. The good news is you can stop putting hot sauce on absolutely everything. While some studies have shown that very spicy foods can increase metabolism, the boost won’t last and after about 30 minutes the rate of metabolism will be back where it started. The same is true of green tea, which is noted for its wealth of antioxidants: Any spike in metabolic rate will be merely a spike and not a permanent change. And even if that spike is appealing, the metabolic process wouldn’t speed up in such a way as to influence weight loss. Since weight loss is the result of more energy being spent than consumed, a spike in metabolic rate will help the body burn calories more quickly but will not affect overall metabolism in a noticeable way. The New York Times reports that while hot peppers offer a “bump in heat generation, which helps burn more calories immediately after a meal…spicy foods can increase metabolism, though only to a minor extent.”

So what can you eat to burn calories and jump-start your metabolism? The short answer is “a balanced diet,” which means foods that are high in protein and low in carbohydrates and fat. Here’s the basic science behind carbs: The body easily converts simple carbohydrates (such as fruit, sweets, and soda) and sugar into glucose, which is absorbed into the bloodstream. As the amount of glucose in the body increases, the pancreas responds by producing insulin, a hormone that moves the sugar from the blood into cells where it can be stored as energy. The non-scientific term for this process: sugar rush. The unintended consequence: weight gain. “Insulin is your body’s fat storing hormone,” says Plano, “and high insulin yields body fat storage. Simple carbs elevate insulin, increase hunger, promote fat storing, and increase the risk of many disease states and inflammatory conditions such as cardiovascular disease and type II diabetes.” The same is not true of complex carbs, however, which take more energy for the body to convert into glucose. Complex carbs such as whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, and starchy vegetables are slower to convert to glucose than simple carbs because they haven’t been refined, or already broken down, as white sugars have. The more time the body takes to convert carbs to glucose, the longer the body will feel full, and the harder metabolism will be working to break down the carbs. “High-fiber, slow-burning carbs keep insulin in balance, which keeps your body out of a fat-storing mode, regulates energy, and provides a sense of satiety,” Plano says.

The ultimate pro-metabolism food is protein: poultry, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, and legumes such as beans and lentils. Metabolism breaks down proteins into amino acids, which the body uses to maintain muscles, blood, and body organs (all things that help keep BMR high). Plano notes that “protein is vital for survival. Protein is a part of every cell in your body, and no other nutrient plays as many different roles in keeping you alive and healthy.” Protein is also much more difficult for the body to break down than simple or even complex carbs, and requires about 25 percent more energy for digestion. This means that in the process of breaking down protein-packed foods, the body is expending lots of energy, which ultimately helps increase metabolism in the long run"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/08/25/5-metabolism-myths-debunked.html
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

LOL

I thought you were being sarcastic. How does grapefruit stop calories from becoming fat?

It has a soluble fiber in it called pectin. Pectin improves how our body metabolizes sugar.