Shorty shorts

Options
Just a tiny NSV but today I bought my first pair of actual 'shorts' not the ones past the knees in over 12 years. Yes and I felt awesome because I didn't think I was going to be asked to put more clothes on either! I haven't lost a great deal of lbs but my legs and arms have toned up so much I actually almost am happy with my legs for the first time. So happy day for shorts :)

Replies

• letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    congrats, great job!!!! thank you for sharing
  • dpedi
    dpedi Posts: 37
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • ViSalus2012
    Options
    I know your joy. I haven't worn short short in a very long time - maybe 20 years ago! I went from size 16's down to a size 8 now. I don't ever remember wearing a size 8. I went shopping as I had no shorts that fit. I was standing in the fitting room looking at myself in the mirror and, excitedly yelled, "Oh my gosh....I'm in an 8....an 8." We will all have this excitement and many more if WE all stay on our journeys. At first it can be a struggle, but as time goes on and we see how happy we feel at weigh in, you will find yourself being true to yourself. It's a GREAT feeling to find our selves again. I am 54 and I now feel like the girl I was at 24 has come back. Between age 24 and a year ago, I felt like my body was taken from me. It turned into a mommy. Now my 3 children are adults and last July I could hear the 24 year old inside me saying, "Okay you did your job of raising 3 beautiful children. Now it's YOUR turn to get your "sexy" back." I did this for me. If I can do this, so can YOU!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!