how to calculate exercise

Options
hello. I purchased the total gym fitness machine and have been doing the beginner exercises. How do I enter these? i dont lift weights actually but trust me every muscle in my body is screaming at me.
can anyone help me with determining how to calculate the exercise portion? please?

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Suggestion: depending on what moves you are doing you can search through your cardio exercise database, find the exercise in the drop down menu then add the time to each one that way. You can also search the database by typing what the exercise is called (somethings will be in both strength and cardio but some only in one or the other, all depends on how fast you do the exercise) examples would be like sit ups and pull-ups when done quickly can be found in cardio.

If you have a heart rate monitor you can add your own exercise to your diary manually, create the exercise with your title then add the time and amount of calories you've burned according to your monitor.

If you don't have a monitor and you are doing each exercise in quick succession you could also try to put it down as circuit training.

Good luck :D
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I log cardio like it notes on the site... If I use a gym machine, I use the machine calculations -- usually less than the MFP estimate... sometimes not -- depending on what is going on. Strength training (which is what it sounds like you are talking about here), I don't log even though I am probably burning some additional calories there as well... I just let it factor in my progress.