Exercise cals

Options
Was wondering has anybody had any success with not eating back their exercise cals and when i say success i mean steady regular weightloss?

Replies

• rockinsue285
    Options
    me lol, this is gonna be interesting lol
  • missbabygirlx
    Options
    no-one wants to comment lol xxxx
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Me when eating my exercise cals i didnt lose anything Now losing 3 or so pounds a week now for 3 weeks
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I try to leave half of em but if I eat em all I don't stress, y exercise cals are my wriggle room
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    there are tens of thousands of people on here that have succeeded eating back exercise calories (that's not an exaggeration, but it might be an underestimate). I'm one of them. I lost 50 lbs doing it.

I suspect the reason why nobody responded (or one reason) is because that question is asked quite often on here and people stop answering assuming others will.

Another reason is because so many people post on MFP that sometimes these posts are pushed off the recent post list faster than people can see them.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've been losing 1-2lbs per week NOT eating mine. Occasionally, I will allow myself to go over on days that I exercise if I'm hungry, but that would only be about 100-200 calories, not all of them (approx 400).

Everyone is different and what I do might not work for others.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I lost about 9 kg ( 19 lbs ) without eating my burned cals....
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    For the record, neither MFP, nor the advocates for eating exercise calories, claim that you can't lose weight any other way, the reason why we advocate this method is because it is a controlled, healthy way to lose weight, you may not lose quite as much quite as fast this way, but you WILL still lose it, and when you no longer need to lose weight, you won't need to take drastic steps to reach maintenance calories.

Also as you progress through more advanced exercise your body needs the extra calories to perform without pulling those calories from other important functions.

In a nutshell, it makes it easier to live a normal life while losing weight, at least it does for many people.