Unsweetened Coconut Milk~ what can b made?

Options
Can someone help me..I have coconut milk n dont know whatelse to use it for.:-(

Replies

• bneedh4
    bneedh4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Why not try a smoothie: sweetner to use? whichever one you like.
  • LucyvdPelt
    LucyvdPelt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you can use it in any kind of food instead of cream - especially creamy soups - i even used it instead of milk in the coffee - tastes really great

and then of yourse curries :-)
  • ginabgdc
    ginabgdc Posts: 46
    Options
    Love it in smoothies, cereal, coffee.....but all time fav is hot chocolate. It taste so go with fat free coco mix and only adds 20 calories.
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love it in veggie curry, take an onion, a pepper or two, some quartered mushrooms, a grated carrot, a little fresh ginger and garlic, saute it up, then add 3 T jarred red curry paste, 2 T brown sugar, 1 T fish sauce and a can of coconut milk (I prefer the lowfat) and heat it up. Delicious!
  • crivera12398
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm allergic to milk n wanted to try the coconut milk..the veggie recipe sounds good...I'll have to try it. Anyone know the recipe for coconut Thai chicken soup? I love Thai food or Indian food.
  • LucyvdPelt
    LucyvdPelt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think this is the chicken soup you were looking for :-):

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tom-ka-gai-coconut-chicken-soup/
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I just made popsicles with coconut milk. One can of pineapple chunks with juice, one banana and one can of coconut milk. Toss in the blender to puree, then freeze in cups of popsicle molds.
  • PreludetoaKiss
    PreludetoaKiss Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This website has a lot of smoothie/shake recipes that use unsweetened coconut milk.

Enjoy!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/snackity-snacks/
  • disability
    disability Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cdcro
    cdcro Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Banh xeo

Now i know what i'm making for dinner!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I just made popsicles with coconut milk. One can of pineapple chunks with juice, one banana and one can of coconut milk. Toss in the blender to puree, then freeze in cups of popsicle molds.

This is the most delicious thing I've heard today! Thanks!