Bike training routines

Options
Anyone have any good bike training routines or links to some. I just got a new roadbike (trek fx7.7) I would like to start some sort of training routine to get in better road biking shape.

I've been riding a Schwinn comfort bike with big tread tires on a lot of hills (grade 6-8) for a month preparing for the new ride.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sweet ride!

Here a link to an article on building power at active.com http://www.active.com/cycling/Articles/5-Simple-Ways-to-Increase-Power-on-the-Bike.htm

My tri coach is a big fan of hills and sprint intervals.....(my legs aren't :laugh: ) Off season, with a trainer or spinning, you can do one legged drills, cadence drills etc.
  • silverbullet07
    silverbullet07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info Brian! That website looks to have lots of information.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just got a trainer for using my bike inside and did a DVD called "Spinervals" that was awesome. I'm still new to riding the bike outside (longest distance so far 8 miles) so I'm still building up my confidence level. The trainer is really great for that as it lets me work on technique and I can visually look down at what the gears are doing. Love it!