Is this REALLY possible??

Options
13»

Replies

• ding30180
    ding30180 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess whatever the truth is, there has definitely been some kind of result so it's time to simply press on.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

Well, 1760 still looks too little to me since you are male and over 200lbs.

1760 looks too low to me for your weight. Remember, when you create a big calorie deficit, it is highly likely that you are loosing muscle tissue along the way.

OK, but the ONLY reference I have bothered with so far is MFP - *it* set the 1760 (based upon my starting weight and a projected loss of 2 lbs per week), not me!

I understand.. I always feel that MFP has a very low standard. I personally never base my weight loss to MFP suggestion. I use MFP just to calculate macros and protein intakes. I've heard many people who have the same issue. MFP seems to put a very low standard when it comes to cals. I personally determine my calorie intake by finding my BMI and my lvl of activity. For example, if you want to know hat is your calorie limit the equation is BMI x Y (Y = is the level of activity. Y = 1.2 to 1.7. 1.2 is for those with very low daily activities, and 1.7 for those with very high levels of activities) so, your daily cal intake is: BMI x Y and after finding it you can subtract the calories needed for you to loose weight.

I think you mean BMR, not BMI (body mass index).

To the OP, MFP got it completely wrong for me. It thought I should eat 1200 kcal, but it turns out that is around 50% or less of my TDEE, as measured via logging during maintenance. 1200 is very close to starvation for me, and I upped my calories as I was losing too fast.

Once the scale issue is resolved, think about whether mfp's targets are right for you. It's a great sign that you're questioning the numbers.