Broke through to the other side

Options
DeniseB0711
DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
For years I have only seen the 170's. When I say years I mean for most of my adult life after having my son in 2004. My heaviest post pregnancy was 188, and I lost down to about 175. From there I bounced around sometimes seeing the scale dip down as low as 168. Trust me though seeing the scale below 170 happend like 3 times a year from 2008 to Jan 2011.

This year I hired a trainer, who gave me one peice of advice. (good enough tha tI haven't gone back to him YET) he told me to back off on the high level training. I did P90X, Couch to 5K and some Cross Fit. He told me to STOP!!! HE told me to eat a low calorie diet and go for a walk never burning more than 300 extra calories a day.
You know what yalll...I broke through. The scale moved down to 168 and its stayed there for the past few weeks. Its a minor victor that gives me a A LOT Of hope...and I like walking for excercise way more than Boot Camp style workouts that force me to eat nearly 2500 calories a day just to keep up.

This week I am adding in the strength training I was supposed to be doing for the past 4 weeks but never managed ot make it to the gym.

Denise

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :drinker:
  • rlprlp7
    rlprlp7 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow that may be my problem I am stuck at the same weight for over 6 months and I workout 5 days a week burning between 600 and 750 calories a day in the Gym. Does any one try fat burn mode? Does it work?
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! My scale has been stuck - so I've been discouraged. I've been debating - killer workouts...? low-cal...? Walk...? Run...? What's best...? This sounds like "ME". Oh - and Congrats on "breaking thru"!!!
  • Cheops9255
    Options
    My experience is that intense workouts just make you eat more - first, you feel you can eat more because you've just burned lots of calories off, but 2. You actually are really hungry. I still work out intensely because it is really important for your health . And when I did stop , the weight just piled on fast. So now, I still work out but I am watching what I eat much more closely.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My experience is that intense workouts just make you eat more - first, you feel you can eat more because you've just burned lots of calories off, but 2. You actually are really hungry. I still work out intensely because it is really important for your health . And when I did stop , the weight just piled on fast. So now, I still work out but I am watching what I eat much more closely.

That's true in my experiene as well. The trainer basically told me unless I was willing to eat a TON of food to back off on the work outs. He has a point. I know with P90X I was supposed to eat 2200 calories. I eat around 1400 right now (most days) and I am right happy with the slow but steady results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!