Help with this Fitbit....

Options
I just added the fitbit to mfp account. I don't understand. I went to bed showing no calories burned, but I worked out for an hour and on the fitbit itsef, it said I burned 233 calories ( I hit the start and stop button after the work out). And the next day, it said I burned 288 calories the day before. So, does that mean I won't know how many calories I burned till the next day?

What I was doing before I added the
fitbit to mfp, I was just pressing the start button on the fitbit when I worked out and then pressed the stop button. And those are the
calories I would put under exercise calories burned. Is This ok? That is actually what I burned.... I don't get this. What if I wanted to eat some work out calories back on the same day. I wouldn't know until the next day???? This is to confusing. The way I was doing it before the I added it made so much more sense. I hit the start button on my fitbit, I would work out, then h it the stop button and it showed me how many calories I burned in the hour. That is just what mfp does. If you work out, you go and search your work out and add it....What's the difference... I think I am going to disconnect the fitbit off mfp. It is so much easier the way I said...

Replies

• migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Here's what I've been able to figure out about the fitbit, mfp, and added calories. If you do an exercise period using the timer, it works best to enter that exercise, with the same start time shown on the fitbit when you started the timer, into mfp. Duplicate the minutes and the calories burned.

Those calories are yours, eat them up as you desire. The added fitbit calories outside of exercise times come and go. In my experimenting, I've found if I am pretty active just before syncing the fitbit then it will give me some extra calories on mfp. If I then go sedentary for a while and re-sync the fitbit...it will take some of those calories back.

It seems to use an averaging system and will give and take those calories depending on where your total calorie usage for that particular point in the day is compared to your estimated calorie requirements in accordance with what you've put in your profile.

I usually eat back some of my "extra" calories from the fitbit, but not all of them.