Women Who Are Intimidated by Weights

Options
I started NROL4W a few weeks ago and I remember my first time stepping into the weight section of the gym with all the barbells and grunting men. I was totally intimidated but I did it and just asked some of the guys for help. I remember asking a random guy to show me how to do squats and he kindly obliged. Fast forward almost a month to today. I'm in the gym squatting 115 pounds which I'm proud of when two guys approach me and ask me to show them how to do squats. I got to say it sure was an ego boost and made me really proud of how far I've come. So to those ladies out there who are intimidated, just do it because you'll look like you belong in no time!

Replies

• Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

It took me probably at least a month or 2 to step over to the weight side of my gym. And even then I would only do the machines because the free weights and all the grunting men scared me... lol. I don't have a gym membership anymore, anyway.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! I admit I'm intimidated! But honestly why would a guy mind a chick as hot as us asking for help!! Lol!! I think men actually think its awesome when women lift!

I did weights for the first time by myself in the men's section yesterday! I was so nervous I texted my husband!! I usually only do weights with him!

No one looked at me weird...or made fun of my puney weight selection!! Hahha!
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Great job, and very inspiring!!! I'm still too chicken to go there! :)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    :happy: awesome
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That's the way to work it!!! Awesome!