Activia???

Options
LiMer
LiMer Posts: 112 Member
Does anyone currently eat Activia yogurt? Do they really help you be regular? How's the taste and how long before you notice any changes?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I know there are a lot of people who love it but I am not a fan. I don't like the taste (kind of chalky for the low cal kind) and exercise and just eating well keeps me regular :blushing: However, that's not to say it won't work for you.:smile:
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I eat it every day. It tastes great. No different from other brands. I have noticed slight changes. I read somewhere that you should change brands and not eat the same yogurt everyday because each type contains different bacteria's. Activia is cheap at Costco so I tend to just eat that.
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of activia either. I just drink plenty of water (like 1.5 gallons a day) and eat a leafy salad at least 4 times a week and I don't have any problems! Lol!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I take a probiotic supplement that has the same "good bacteria" that is in activia, but without the calories and sugar. 19 grams of sugar in a little yogurt is too much for me! You can find these Probiotics at health food stores.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I love the tast of it, very creamy, and smooth
    It does help a little with regularity
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I was having issues with not going but once every 3 days or so....it didn't help. What helped was eating enough healthy foods - you can't be under 1200 everyday and expect your body to get rid of waste, it'll hold it. My solution was to increase to a net 1300-1400 a day and I've been fine ever since. Plenty of water, fuits and veggies....that's the key to normalcy...:laugh:
  • xmissxshelx
    xmissxshelx Posts: 21
    Options
    I don't eat it regularly but I think it tastes great. I eat it when I get yeastie beastie problems (which is often) and the acidophilus in yogurt helps a lot. I prefer Activia over a lot of yogurts.
  • fatfranny
    fatfranny Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I call that problem having a visit from the yeasty boys........:blushing:
  • 2markia
    2markia Posts: 5
    Options
    I use Activia but I dont become regular. I love the yogurt though, its good.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I take antibiotics for acne so I eat it to replenish the good bateria in my body. I think it taste good especially mixed with fruit.
  • LiMer
    LiMer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Are you suppose to eat only one a day? Or two, one in am and one in pm?