Downside of portion sizes

Options
2»

Replies

• TxAlpha
    TxAlpha Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I guess-ta-mate portion size on the low end, and count the caloric value on the high end......I hate dishes too....and this way if I'm wrong it means I didn't eat enough and added too many calories quantitatively........works for me....
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i only measure things the first time or two, then after that I eyeball it
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    You save that time in the shower, not washing all those extra pounds.

I need to slow down and read more carefully. I thought you said that you just washed them when you take a shower. It wasn't until someone quoted and agreed that I saw what you really wrote, Kramer.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I either pour it out of the measuring cup into a bowl or just eat out of the measuring cup, wash it out and stick it back in the sink for my next meal. I do use the scale a lot also.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This is why my digital scale is my friend. Almost everything has a weight next to the serving measurement. Plus, I found out the other day that I could have more of the animal crackers I wanted if I went by the weight of the serving instead of the number of cookies it said. I just prefer to use the scale if I can, because I feel like I'm being much more accurate with my logging.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I just put them in a large bowl of soapy water and rinse when I need them (I change the water every time I have to measure). Call me lazy, gross, whatever but I ain't gonna wash those tiny spoons every time I have to measure out things!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    haha i totally agree! this weekend i went out and bought more tsp/tbsp measuring spoons ;)