Healthy Protein Snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for a great topic! Saves me from asking. I understand, in a way, your perdicament. I'm a flagger for road paving companies. I just started my new weight loss journey and was trying to figure out meals and snacks that I can take to work. Its hard when your not even watching what you eat let alone trying to eat healthy. We do have our lunch boxes but try to keep colder items to a minimum because in the dead of summer you rely on it to hold cold water to consumme. And its also a little hard to eat a salad while holding a stop/slow sign in one hand and a walkie talkie in the other. Always looking for those foods that can be put in a pocket and finger type foods!!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts are so efficient in terms of complete protein vs. calories, I'll make a marinade for a weeks worth, throw them in and then cook several at a time over the following week. I'll generally have some available for snacks. Throw on a little jalapeno flavored Greek yogurt, short nuke and there you go. With the marinade they're great plain and chilled. Plenty of other simple combinations.

Your job location may make this impossible. I don't advise you do this with roadkill.