When you follow a fitness plan...

Options
Do you also follow the nutrition/meal plan that comes with it?
Or do you just do the workouts?

Eg, P90X, Jillian Michales, Rush fit - they all come with Nutrition guides/meal plans. Do you use these or do you just stick to your regular diet with MFP?

I just tend to do the workout and keep my own attempt at a healthy diet and keep within my calorie/macro goals.

Just interested to find out how many people actually do follow the whole thing.

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Years ago I did the Slim in 6 videos and diet plan. I had no idea of healthy food, so it helped me a lot. Example: I was eating salad every single day. I was so proud, and gaining weight. Could not understand why I could have a huge salad every day for lunch and not lose any weight at all. Then my doctor had me write down the ingredients. When I got to "blue cheese dressing" he face palmed.

*shrug* I thought it was good for me.

So the diets that come with the systems are usually pretty good idea of what to eat.

Huh, think I am going to put out my videos!!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing a P90X/triathlon sports/hot yoga mashup. I'm not following the P90X diet plan though. Just calculated my BMR to get my caloric daily minimum and am doing my own thing, food-wise. Sometimes, I'll browse the plan for new recipe ideas.
  • Kath444
    Kath444 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing chalene extreme running and instead of doing the diet program that came with it I am just trying to eat healthy
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I Figured most people don't.

I don's Especially because I'm not following only one program. I Run, I do Ripped in 30, I do random Weights, Zumba, Body Sculpt.
    I'll take a look and pull out any recipes that look good.. But i don't follow the guides.