Banana Oatmeal Pancakes (Filling, Low Calorie, Low Fat, Pote

SquashedBanana
SquashedBanana Posts: 24 Member
Hello, MFP-ers!

I stumbled across a recipe for Banana Oatmeal pancakes the other day and now that I've tried them, I thought I'd share. Now, I admit, you probably need to be a fan of bananas to enjoy these, but these hit the spot for me AND kept me full all morning. I don't have dairy restrictions so I used skim milk when I made mine, but these are also a great alternative for anyone who cannot have dairy.

Nutritional Info (per pancake): Cals: 64, Fat: 1g, Sodium: 102mg, Carbs: 12g, Fibre: 1g, Sugar: 2.5g, Protein: 2g

Vegan Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
1 ¼ cup old fashioned oats
½ cup organic whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. sea salt
1 ½ cups soymilk*
2 ripe bananas

*or a dairy-free milk

Blend all the ingredients in a blender, except the bananas. Now add the bananas and continue to blend (in blender) until the bananas are smooth. Pour onto a hot griddle (with olive oil for a cooking spray) and cook. Once the pancake bubbles on one side, it’s time to flip it to the other. This makes a dozen, medium-sized pancakes, serving 4 people.

Source: http://www.colourfulpalate.com/2011/06/22/vegan-banana-oatmeal-pancakes/

EDIT: the full topic title is supposed to include that these are "potentially dairy-free," but I guess it was too long and got cut off.

Replies

• amyhollar
    amyhollar Posts: 107 Member
    Love banana pancakes! And happy to see a recipe without eggs :)
  • Can't wait to try these, I love bananas.
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    These were pretty good. I ate them with fruit on them because I needed it a little sweeter, I think next time I'll make them with vanilla almond milk :)
  • jjonasjj
    jjonasjj Posts: 2
    Trying this out tomorrow! So glad for no eggs. Hopefully this won't be a let down.
  • Imawonder
    Imawonder Posts: 65
    bump
  • beckarini
    beckarini Posts: 78 Member
    bump
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    I just made them using skim milk and I have to say they were a bit of a failure. By the time one side was solid, the other was still far too runny to flip. They also didn't taste particularly nice.

Maybe I got the measurements wrong since I used a drinking cup instead of a measuring cup since I don't have one.
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    bump, sounds great, love bananas.
  • Just made these, they were very tasty! I added whey protein (strawberry flavoured). It's gross and I needed a new way to eat it without feeling sick... Think I found it!
    Would definitely recommend.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    bump