Does anyone know...

Options
tgh1914
tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
Does MFP's calories burned take into account your inputted weight?

I know that as you lose weight your exercise becomes easier and you're burning less calories. So as long as I'm keeping my inputted weight up to date, does the calories burned adjust?

Replies

• PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Not positive, but I think it does. I know that when you update your weight, it updates it across the board on the sight, including the goals page. Hopefully an administrator or something will chime in.
  • ABELL
    ABELL Posts: 16
    Options
    I think exercise cal's are based on a general rule of thumb for each exercise. HRM may help you better calculate calories you burn specifically for you. Personally I find it hard to trust exercise calories and I don't exercise so much I think it makes a difference if I don't eat the extra but if you exercise a bunch it is nice to know you can eat some more and not gain from it. Sorry not much help.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Yes it does take your wieight into account when you update your weight.... I went from burning 110 calories for 20 mins of yoga to 90 something :cry: Oh well, the number on the ticker is more important right? :laugh:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Yes it does take your wieight into account when you update your weight.... I went from burning 110 calories for 20 mins of yoga to 90 something :cry: Oh well, the number on the ticker is more important right? :laugh:

*comfort* I noticed that too...I thought it was just me and remembering it incorrectly. LOL