Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is not public.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You have to open your food diary for helpful suggestions...

Without looking at it all I can suggest is:

- Are you measuring all your food (kitchen scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons) Often we "think" a portion (or a cup, tbsp etc) are a certain size but when measured they aren't.

- Are you tracking your sodium? Drinking your water?

- How many calories are you eating? Too little and you can gain, too much and you can gain.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i made it public
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I can't see it.........
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    still not public
  • MuffyTopps
    Options
    i made it public
    It isn't showing up - did you maybe make it "friends only?"
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Scroll to the bottom, click public, then click save.
  • deevatude
    Options
    i made it public to everyone
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    what is your BMR?

From the looks of it you are eating wayyyyyyyy too much!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I would start tracking your sodium. You eat a lot of processed foods which can make you retain water.

You don't eat a lot of fresh foods. Where's the veggies and fruits? You eat cookies and cheetos with breakfast, a can of tuna for lunch and sometimes broccoli for dinner. I would add more fresh foods and much less processed foods.

When you add in things into your tracker make sure you are measuring the foods, weighing them if needed and using the nutrional information on the packages you have.

Try making meal plans and making full meals with all food groups. Fruits, veggies, lean meats and grains.
  • mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    From what i can see i would replace french fries and onion rings with baked potato using spray butter and lite sour cream. i would replace cheetos with pretzels or fruit or triscuits. Looks like just too many calories from not so good choices. You really have to make a lifestyle change and just replace "bad" foods with healthier choices and it will work. I know it is not easy but I have found I really like a lot of other things besides junk food. Most of the fast food places do have salads and grilled chicken also Subway is a quick healthy lunch or dinner too. Chili's rocks when it comes to lighter food so it is about changing the way we order. you can do this just keep trying. When you have to have the junk food just go for smaller portions I say portion control is key to all of this plus some exercise like walking. Ok thats my 2 cents
  • Jorra
    Options
    what is your BMR?

A goal of 2000 calories is perfectly reasonable for anyone who is larger or taller. Telling someone they are eating too much without knowing any information about them is irresponsible. If they take your advice and undereat, it will damage their metabolism and prevent weight loss.

OP: Please provide a little more information about yourself like your height, current weight, and goals. That will help us better advise you.
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    what is your BMR?

A goal of 2000 calories is perfectly reasonable for anyone who is larger or taller. Telling someone they are eating too much without knowing any information about them is irresponsible. If they take your advice and undereat, it will damage their metabolism and prevent weight loss.

OP: Please provide a little more information about yourself like your height, current weight, and goals. That will help us better advise you.

That is why I asked what his/her BMR is.
  • deevatude
    Options
    5'7 , 180

goal is 150

i workout 90 minutes a day and eat 1530 calories a day
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    Ok I'm still new at this myself but here is what I can see. Are you drinking water? On a few of the logs I looked at there is no water marked down at all. Another thing I noticed on your profile is that sometimes you go days without logging in. Not sure if it's because of computer access or not, if you can try to log in every day :) this is just what I can see, someone who has been on here longer and is more experienced could maybe tell you more :) I will do what I can to help encourage you to do your best :flowerforyou:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I would probably spread out the calories through the day. You're eating a gigantic breakfast and almost nothing later in the day. Try eating a balanced meal at all 3 meals including more fruits/veggies. Maybe limit the cheetos and other fun foods to one serving once or twice a week.
  • Jorra
    Options
    5'7 , 180

goal is 150

i workout 90 minutes a day and eat 1530 calories a day

According to this, your BMR is 1604. Your TDEE (how much energy you use in a day) is much higher than that given your workout schedule. As long as your entered your information into MFP correctly and log your exercise, you are safe following the recommendation MFP gives you. If that is 2000, you should eat 2000.

As I mentioned earlier, eating too little can stall your weight loss and do damage to your body. Eat at a moderate deficit. Follow advice the others have given you as well about incorporating more fresh foods and less "junk" food into your diet. It will make a difference.
  • yarn_nerd
    yarn_nerd Posts: 26
    Options
    I only looked over the last week. However, I noticed that your daily calories are oddly spaced out (tend to have high calorie breakfast/lunch and very little dinner). I also noticed a lot of processed foods which tend to be calorie dense and nutritionally sparse. Didn't see much in the way of fresh veggies.

Are your entries estimates? I noticed on a couple days it looke like you may have duplicate entries (for instance you have 2 different sandwiches listed for the same meal, and on another you had a hot pocket and 2 diffferent "main dish" type entries).

In general, here is my advice.

Eat mostly food grown from plants (not processed in a plant). This means eating less processed foods and more whole, fresh foods. Think veggies, lean proteins (not in a can/carton, etc), some fruits, and whole grains. Try to cut back on "convenience" foods, as those are really only convenient for the food companies. They tend to be more expensive (versus cooking for yourself and are certainly not doing our waistlines any favors as they are rarely filling). I would also suggest limiting your "junk food" snacks. I notices quite a few cookie/chip type entries. As for dairy, keep it low fat and no sugar, greek yogurt with fresh fruit and/or a dollop of honey is a much better option than sweetened fruit flavored yogurts.

What is your water intake like? I didn't notice any entries but many of us don't bother to track it. It's very possible you are eting due to thirst. I like a slice of lime/lemon in my water, and even cucumber slices sometimes to change it up.

Don't get too discouraged. This is a process and a learning experience. It's taken years for most of us to learn the bad habits we are now trying to reverse. The weight didn't come on overnight, so it's only logical that it doesn't come off over night.

Best of luck!
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Too much junk in your diet. Cut the processed foods and add more fruits, veggies, and lean protien. Have a more balanced diet and you will find yourself feeling better and more than likely will see postive results.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Using MFP's BMR tool I got 1604, which (if sedentary) would give you a total daily caloric need of ~1925. Your goal is 1590, which should give you a daily deficit of 335, which is between .5 and 1 lb/week.

You've got a bunch of untracked days -- what happened there? Given that you tend to eat a fair amount of snacks (NOT JUDGING, just looking for the source of error) it would be easy to accidentally eat enough more than your goal to cancel out the days when you have been tracking and under.

I notice that you're logging and eating your exercise calories. Have you included exercise in your activity level? If you have, you shouldn't eat your exercise calories -- those calories are for above and beyond the daily activity. If you include exercise in your activity level AND enter/track your exercise separately, you're effectively counting the exercise twice. Choose one.