my big news...

Options

Replies

• ashRodrigue
    ashRodrigue Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! That is such a great accomplishment & you should definitely be very proud! Thanks for sharing, since it is a great motivator to hear of others success stories.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Inspired! You've created a new future for yourself! Congratulations!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Congrats. That is awesome and gotta love your husband for his comments. Good for him. It is so nice when we can get into the smaller sizes. My goal is to fit comfortably into a size 12 jeans. Still big compared to some people, but for me happiness. I actually have a pair that fits, but my muffin top is too much for now. LOL
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Good heavens!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can't imagine how uncomfortable you must have been the last while. A size 14 person in size 20 clothes!! :bigsmile: There was a very embarrassing accident just waiting to happen...

Well done you! Massive achievement. :drinker:

believe me, it was a close call on Friday at work....trousers were defiantly hanging loose - lol
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your big news Dianeellen2. Instead of throwing away your big clothes, if they don't have stains on them or even tears, donate them to the Goodwill, Salvation Army or any other thrift store in your area. Even a woman's shelter. A lot of women that wears a size 20 or up shop at these places and can't find clothes that will fit them, because a lot of people don't donate big clothes.

I like to donate my clothes, because I know that someone can use the clothes that I can no longer wear.

I agree with you. Whenever something becomes too big, I wash it, or have it dry cleaned, and then donate it to GoodWill or Purple Heart. They really are in need of bigger sized clothes. Men's too!!!!

Yes they are in need of bigger clothes. I'm bottom heavy and they don't really have clothes that can fit my bottom. I wish the regular stores weren't the only stores that have clothes that can fit my bottom half.

Large men are in need of clothes at these places as well and not just large people. Tall people too.
  • tdj819
    tdj819 Posts: 41
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME!
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    congrats to you and well done hubby :smile:
  • mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Nice...Congratulations. I too am having this dilemma. I do not want to buy clothes until I get to my goal weight and my friends are saying I need to get rid of my clothes now. I just do not want to have to but them again so I am waiting . It is nice when the hubby's notice huh?
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I just tried on some of my favorite shirts today and realized that they are all too big. I'm sort of mourning them though, cause I love them so much. I'm not ready to get rid of them yet, I think I'll alter them to my size though, cause right now I feel like I'm swimming in them.
  • melisa35158
    melisa35158 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have 3 black bags full of clothes that are too big for me - I will donate them once I hit my goal! I didn't want to buy anything until I got to my goal, but I've bought a pair of jeans as ALL my others are way too big on me :D
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    well done,that's great :flowerforyou:
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!
  • Afaida
    Afaida Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Isn't it the most amazing feeling wearing a size you haven't worn in years? The last pair of pants I bought before starting mfp last July were a 28, I now wear a 16. Every day as I'm about to slide them on I pause, look at them, and marvel that I am actually going to be wearing them. They look way smaller than the image I see in the mirror. Congratulations on those 14s. I can' t wait!:drinker: Cheers!
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Fantastic - always a nice feeling :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm saving my 20s (US) as a reminder of where I came from. I don't want to ever go back there, so having them hanging in my closet for me to see regularly has helped. For now, I shrink out of things too quickly to justify spending the money on a new wardrobe, so I buy one or two shirts/pants when i hit a new size :)
  • Suzanneg31
    Options
    BLOODY BRILLIANT!!! that must be such an amazing feeling. well done chick!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Great news!

Personally, I've saved my very biggest jeans. They're sitting in the wardrobe, and will come out to be worn again when I reach my goal weight.
    Me too...one big pants and shirt!
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have 3 black bags full of clothes that are too big for me - I will donate them once I hit my goal! I didn't want to buy anything until I got to my goal, but I've bought a pair of jeans as ALL my others are way too big on me :D

I didn't want to buy new stuff until I was at my goal weight but I think sometimes there needs to be an interim step, wearing clothes that are way to big does us no favours, I was so pleased with getting smaller clothes and I look much better in them to
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    That's fantastic! I keep a pair of my biggest jeans for the times when I feel demotivated. I put them on and realise how much I've lost, it makes me feel better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!