What to eat with an apple?

Options
What can I eat with my apple to make it feel like more of a dessert/treat? Low in calories of course...

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    cool whip and dark chocolate chips...yum!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    A little dab of peanut butter and honey? Not too low in fat but it's GOOD fat, and fiber.
  • Terriwants2tone
    Options
    Dip apple slices in peanut butter, it not only tastes good it fills you up and gives you extra protein too!:happy:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    litehouse caramel apple dip - 100 cals
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i do the caramel dips, I like the chocolate one, it feels like a treat, I really don't like apples that much, but can eat them this way, because I know they are good for me
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and raisins on it!!! Mmmm thats how my mom used to put them in our lunches when we were little. :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    apple slices with peanut butter topped with alfalfa sprouts----"Apple Hairy" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    Almond butter...yum!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    sprinkle with some cinnamon and splenda (or regular sugar) and microwave for a few minutes. It's just like apple pie filling :tongue:
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    wierd - this is what I am eating right now! Cut your apples into cubes, put in a bowl with 1/3 c. raisins (1 serving) them plop on a 1/2 container of fat free light yogurt - yum! I also put on 1 tbs ground flax seeds on top. this is my favorite snack. also good with a banana instead of the apple.

(helps you poo too!):blushing:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    sprinkle with some cinnamon and splenda (or regular sugar) and microwave for a few minutes. It's just like apple pie filling :tongue:

That sounds AMAZING!!! I'm trying that tonight!
  • ashereid
    ashereid Posts: 2
    Options
    Parmesan cheese... You can also order a peanut butter powder online and mix it with water and it takes a lot of fat out... Grapes and low fat cheese are also great
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

This is what I was going to recommend!! Slice your apple, microwave til soft, drain juice, and then top w/ some plain yogurt and a sprinkle of walnuts or granola. This is my 10yo's favorite after school snack!

I just like plain Fuji apples w/ 1 T. Naturally More PB or Almond butter. Yum!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    cheese or greek yogurt--yummy
  • wonderwinnie
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Those are all great ideas, and so much better than a plain apple!