Wondering if anyone wants to start the 30 day shred and...

Options
finish it in the 30 days like suggested? I have attempted this twice already but I want to start and complete it in the 30 days. I would like to hit my goal weight by the end of august before I go back to school. I was thinking the 1st of June to start anyone else interested?

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I am in. I started it today with the personal goal of doing it everyday for the next 30 days. I am also starting over the South Beach diet phase one after a bad long weekend of too many carbs.
  • leshawnturner
    leshawnturner Posts: 382
    Options
    I'm interested. I have that DVD and have started (but not finished) twice. I go see my doctor to get clearance to workout due to foot pain. Baring him saying HECK NAW, I'm all for it...

Do you want to check it once a week to see how its going or is that too often (or too infrequent)?? Let me know...:tongue:
  • hoguewild
    hoguewild Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm on day two right now, and the "plan" is to do it every day for 30 days, going up a level every ten days.

Yesterday I did it and thought I was going to die. Well, not die, but I have a three story house and stairs were definitely not my friend. I thought I was going to have to live the rest of my life on the second story.

Today, was much better. Was hardly even sore afterward. :) Tomorrow if all goes as planned (see the 10 month old naps) I'm going to try to do most of the advanced level one. I cannot do "real" push up for the life of me, but maybe by day 10...
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Totally in!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Today should be my Day 3. Right now, I don't have it planned into my schedule, but I'm going to push to get it in now. I really want to stick with it, and I think a "check-in" group is what I need to keep me accountable. I can't do the regular push ups, but other than that, Level 1 is getting easier. I'll check back tomorrow.
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    Okay check ins every week to weight in or just say how it's going sounds good! Does anyone no how to make a graph to track our progress? Is everyone okay with starting level one one Monday June first?
  • aprilann
    Options
    I'm going to take my daughter outside for a while but I'll check back in to see what everyone has to say. i can't wait to start.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too! I want to change up my workouts and the shred sounds like the thing to do, I have only used it like once. Monday sounds good!

Keep me posted :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • LStokes
    LStokes Posts: 8
    Options
    I would love to start it. Is it just the workout dvd or is there an eating plan to follow as well? I would like to do the work outs but just want to stick with 1200-1400 cals a day.. So I am in for June 1st :)
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I would love to start it. Is it just the workout dvd or is there an eating plan to follow as well? I would like to do the work outs but just want to stick with 1200-1400 cals a day.. So I am in for June 1st :)

Jillian Michael's does have a book out that contains an eating plan, but you can do just the video, which is what I'm planning to do. I'll use my HRM to calculate the calories, and just use MFP to track everything.
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I want to do it too, but first i have to see if i can get the dvd before the first. if i do then i am in:smile:

do they have this online?
  • aprilann
    Options
    I want to do it too, but first i have to see if i can get the dvd before the first. if i do then i am in:smile:

do they have this online?
    Oh yah go to a site to down load it!
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    wat site?
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have started it twice and didn't follow through. I would love to join and do my best to make it 30 days straight. I would love to see what results would come out of it.
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in. We need a cute group name!
  • LStokes
    LStokes Posts: 8
    Options
    How about Shredders? :)
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    How about Shredders? :)

Or "we'll-soon-be-able-to-kick-jillians-butt" team? haha :-D I think Shredders is cute
  • leshawnturner
    leshawnturner Posts: 382
    Options
    June 1st sounds great!!! I'm very excited!! :happy: To those of you who have Cox Cable, if you have the cable box you can usually find the 30 day shred on demand (channel 1) under Health and Fitness, then go to Exercise TV (its under one of the sub titles somewhere)...if you need to buy it I got mine from Target, but I think I've seen it at Walmart too.

So did we decide to be called the "Shredders"?? That's great with me!! :tongue:

Good luck everyone!! :drinker: Let's take this weekend to get mentally ready and do some activity (or a little extra activity if you already do something on the weekends) to be prepared for Julian on Monday.

How many people do their workouts in the AM?? Could you give me some advice on converting from being an evening work out person to an AM workout person...I feel so rushed in the evenings and its easy for me to put it off to do something for my family:grumble: ...I worked out in the mornings while I was in school (and it was EXTREMELY hard to get up:noway: ), but that was long ago...any suggestions??
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    June 1st sounds great!!! I'm very excited!! :happy: To those of you who have Cox Cable, if you have the cable box you can usually find the 30 day shred on demand (channel 1) under Health and Fitness, then go to Exercise TV (its under one of the sub titles somewhere)...if you need to buy it I got mine from Target, but I think I've seen it at Walmart too.

So did we decide to be called the "Shredders"?? That's great with me!! :tongue:

Good luck everyone!! :drinker: Let's take this weekend to get mentally ready and do some activity (or a little extra activity if you already do something on the weekends) to be prepared for Julian on Monday.

How many people do their workouts in the AM?? Could you give me some advice on converting from being an evening work out person to an AM workout person...I feel so rushed in the evenings and its easy for me to put it off to do something for my family:grumble: ...I worked out in the mornings while I was in school (and it was EXTREMELY hard to get up:noway: ), but that was long ago...any suggestions??

Put your alarm clock across the room! I know it sounds silly but then you HAVE to get up to turn it off and once your out of bed its much easier to get going. When I work out in the morning I feel sooo much better throughout the whole day plus I find that I eat much healthier too, you just have to get yourself into a routine. It will take a couple weeks to do that but you can do it! Good luck, welcome to the shredders! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • Jennil05
    Jennil05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this!! I bought the DVD a few weeks ago and have yet to "really" start it! I need to lose about 25 pounds total and I would love to have most of it off by the time my family goes on vacation at the end of July. I just joined this site today so I'm still figuring it out, but I would LOVE to join you guys!