Half-Way There ...

Options
hiddensecant
hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
I'm half-way done with my first round of P90X and also half way towards my weight goal.

p90xhalfway.jpg

The scale hasn't been kind. The current photo is only 4 pounds lighter than my "before" photo. But I'm still slimming down and shaping up :bigsmile:.

Keep on moving, and keep those muscles fueled!

Replies

• jenlwren
    jenlwren Posts: 41
    Options
    Wow! You are shrinking...Congrats and keep up the good work. You look marvelous simply marvelous
  • soon2bemrsott
    Options
    Your looking great!!! Conratulations! So the PX90 really works huh? I've been thinking about that, how do you feel now that you have been doing the program for 45 days? Is it difficult?
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Thanks Jen, I'm looking forward to seeing your ticker move :smile:.

And yes, P90X works. At first it's difficult in general which I expected because I was a total noob to fitness when I started (and it's designed to be hard for atheletes). Now it's difficult because I can push myself harder. It's just a matter of staying motivated to keep going every day regardless of how much you are able to keep up in the beginning ... also nutrition; you HAVE to eat!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Wonderful results so far!!!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I love it, ghanie! Even from your 30-day pics, you can see a difference. You are definitely holding your own with P90X, especially since it's designed to be so tough. Awesome work, and I can't wait to see days 60 and 90!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate all your support.
    I love it, ghanie! Even from your 30-day pics, you can see a difference. You are definitely holding your own with P90X, especially since it's designed to be so tough. Awesome work, and I can't wait to see days 60 and 90!

Yeah from 30-45 things are still slimmer as well as more shapely, hehe.

Are you gonna be joining us soon?
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Great job! You definitely look like you lost more than 4 lbs!!

Do you have any idea why the slower weight-loss is occurring? Is it normal for the program? I'm just wondering b/c I'm thinking about trying P90X after my boot camp classes are over, and I'm wondering if that's pretty common. But like you've said before, who cares about the numbers on the scale right? You look fantastic!! :happy:
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    Keep up the good work! You're looking fantastic!:flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Keep up the good work! You're looking fantastic!:flowerforyou:

Thank you; I'm looking forward to your first progression photo! :tongue:
    Great job! You definitely look like you lost more than 4 lbs!!

Do you have any idea why the slower weight-loss is occurring? Is it normal for the program? I'm just wondering b/c I'm thinking about trying P90X after my boot camp classes are over, and I'm wondering if that's pretty common. But like you've said before, who cares about the numbers on the scale right? You look fantastic!! :happy:

Some people lose pounds faster than others, but it's not always as noticeable as those who don't lose as many pounds with P90X, hehe.

There's a heavy focus on resistance training which activates dormant muscles. And when you wake these muscles up, they store water which makes them weigh more (you're NOT gaining muscle mass). Anyway, as long as you keep these muscles fed and fueled, they start to get better at absorbing surrounding fat cells even when you're not exercising which is what makes us slimmer despite the scale.

They say that the scale starts to move faster towards the end so I'll know when I get there and will believe it when I see it ... It's not always easy and it makes me grumpy sometimes (I gained a pound this week) but new photos always make me feel better :bigsmile:.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm about ready to throw my scale out of the window! I've been losing inches, but not pounds for a few weeks now. I like that they suggest only to weigh-in every 30 days with P90X. I *might* be able to deal with that...we'll see.
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Yeah, I'm about ready to throw my scale out of the window! I've been losing inches, but not pounds for a few weeks now. I like that they suggest only to weigh-in every 30 days with P90X. I *might* be able to deal with that...we'll see.

At least ignore it :laugh:.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!