How long does it take for body to adjust to new diet?

Options
I recently started a new diet plan within the last two weeks and I was wondering how long it usually takes the body to adjust to a new diet plan. I only ask because my weight hasn't changed since I started the diet but I know I am eating a lot better than I was. Truth is for the last 2 months I was under the "eat as few calories as possible, and burn as much as possible" theory, so I know now I was only beating my body up. Stupid I know, but I've completely washed that mindset away and have been slowly upping my calories while my buddy adjusts (I eat 5-6 times a day but never have a big appetite so sometimes it's hard to get more than 2,000 calories eating healthy).

I'm confident I'll start seeing positive results soon, I've already noticed more energy, which is why I "hid" my scale for now so it won't discourage me further. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I should so a couple weeks from now I'm not in the same stalled-out situation. At 5'8 180lbs, I'm hoping to get down to 150lbs - although realistically I'm thinking more of the 160 range by the time I tack on muscle. Any thought's on how long it usually takes to start seeing results? Should I be doing something I'm not already doing?

Side Note: I lift 3 times a week in the morning and run 3-5 miles with my pup 4-5 times a week in the afternoon burning about 700-900 calories. I use a heart rate monitor to chart every calorie burned and chart everything I eat. I don't track water, but I easily consume 1-2 gallons of water a day (I drink like a fish at work). Thoughts?