is 5 Kilograms a month doable?

i will burn 500 calories at the gym everyday , and consume 1200-1300 calories a day , and do aerobics twice a week like step classes , pilates
drin alot of water
any other tips ? and is it even achievable
im 5'8 tall and i weigh 75 kilograms
thanks alot in advance :)

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    It all depends on how much you have to lose. It is doable for me but I have a long way to go. If you only have 5kg to lose it might take longer. It is possible. Safeguard against not getting enough calories to sustain your exercising. Deficit does not guarantee loss if your body goes into what some consider starvation mode. Good luck!
  • How does that compare to pounds? We are the same height and I am trying to lose 10 pounds. Losing 1-2 pounds a week is doable. But you need more daily calories when exercising, or your body may hold on to the weight. Good luck!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    It's about 11lbs.

Unlikely when you're loser to goal weight. Make sure you're eating your exercise calories back if you're eating 1200-1300 so you're NETTing at least 1200. You need to fuel your body to lose weight
  • I can only offer my own experience, but my start weight was 73kg, and it has taken approx 10 weeks to lose 4.5-5kg.

For approximately the last 6 weeks more activity has been incorporated into my routine, that is increasing the amount of times I attend boot camp or go running up to 5-6 days a week. I have not been counting calories, just eating what I always have but less of (no seconds or heaped plates etc).

For me, it wasn't possible; but that wasn't my goal. I hope you can achieve yours though!

PS it equates to approx 11lb, which most would probably say is a very high goal?

Good luck!