Funny farm-watch for a giggle!

Options
Takes2long
Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX0oRcyX-PY

A brief summary that may, or may not, help.

Last fall we had to move the little pigs into their new pen. We put up some fencing, hoping they would walk right to their new pen. Um, no. They were so used to having a barrier, that they refused to cross over the opening. We bribed them with food. We tried to shoo them out by going in the old pen and getting behind them, trying to scare them out. Nope. they weren't buying it. Now it's getting late. We've been trying over an hour. Ever try to pick up a pig? :noway: Yeah, me neither. Out of ideas. So, decided to get some feed into a bucket and walk away slowly. They would get curious, and eventually go for the food. We'd swoop in, grab them by their back legs, and "walked" them to their new home. Well, we had 8 pigs to move. I couldn't stand there and not help. So, R would grab them, come half way, and I'd take them the rest of the way. Sure, why not. How hard could it be??

Just so you know for future reference...pigs are ALL muscle. They might look small, but they're pretty darn strong. I almost lost my grip a few times!! Oh, they smell, too!! I had to wash my hands, scrub them, many, many times. And that wasn't nearly enough!!

You'll notice my fancy attire!! Also known as my goat clothes!! Pretty, pretty, pretty!! I had no idea I'd be videotaped, or I might have dresed up a bit :bigsmile:

Hope you get a giggle out of this. Memories to last a lifetime :bigsmile:

Oh, I grew up in a city. No pets. Never, EVER, thought I'd be wrangling pigs. :noway:

If you can't laugh, you aren't living!!!

If i EVER have to do this again, I'll wear my HRM for sure and log the caloried burned!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    You mean it's not really like this?
    AliceandPiglet.jpg
  • Takes2long
    Options
    LMBO!!! Um, no. Not in ANY of my experiences has it EVER been like that:noway: Ahahahaha!! i wish :-) You can tell from the picture, she's not really a farm girl. I mean, just look at those shoes! :laugh:
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Yhea that is about right. Pigs are a strange and stubborn creature. Next time grease them.
  • Rick_SH
    Rick_SH Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm from the city too. The only pig wrangling I have ever done is with a knife and fork. :-)
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, we'd spend summers at my aunt and uncle's farm. The piglets used to have races, not organized by humans, they'd just suddenly up and dash off, mill around at the other end of the run and then dash back. Those things can move!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And the pig was talking all the way. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Takes2long
    Options
    Did anyone notice me say "stop it" to them, as if they would listen!! Oh, what a night that was!!!