Stuffed Peppers

Options
Kellster30
Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
Anyone have an easy and tasty recipe for stuffed peppers that have meat in them?

Replies

• Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I use 3 or 4 depending on size of pepper bell peppers, any color. I've done 3 large and I've done five small. Depends on how big peppers are - and if you dont want to do a LOT you can always freeze left over meat mixture and bake seperately as meatloaf, or meatballs.

1 lb lean ground beef
    half a cup of quick oats
    1 tablespoon of worshire sauce
    salt and pepper to taste (your pref) - I leave salt out until I am eating and only add if I need it.
    onion flakes or some fresh diced onion if you like that
    homemade spaghetti sauce if I have it on hand - store bought is good too

cut top off pepper and clean out stuff (seeds and white membrane)
    stuff with egg, beef, oats, onion & worshire sauce mixture

I like to spoon sauce into pepper, then stuff meat in and then top with more sauce.

Bake in water bath (water halfway up pepper's side) at 350 for 40 min -1 hour ...if larger peppers you might need to bake a bit longer or meat will not be done.

If I pack them for my lunch I like to cut in half, and maybe spoon a little more sauce on in the container and take a baggie with a tiny bit of mozzarella or parmesan to top them with after I heat in microwave.

My mom always boiled her peppers first but I dont like how mushy that makes them. But like with any recipe you can change it to how you like it!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    ^Thanks for posting. I have craving these!
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options

I love these, so good!
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I make mine with boca -vegetarian beef crumbles you don't miss the meat. Send me a message if you are interested.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Pre bake your hollowed out peppers and stuff with one of the following:

Indian Keema: MInced (Ground) lamb (Or can use lean beef, turkey or pork) with onion, ginger, garlic, curry powder and spinach.

Cajun quinoa- cooked quinoa or cous cous mixed with spring onions, cajun spices, shredded chicken, lime juce.

Pizza peppers- fill with turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, pizza sauce, pinapple & shredded mozarella.