P90x and Nutrition - how did you manage it? Your experiences

Options
Hi guys,

Tomorrow I'm doing prep for P90x and starting on Tues, though I have done a small bit of prep and also a lot of research!

I'm wondering how people manage their meals - a lot of the recipes involve things I don't really like - tuna, salmon just two examples......obviously I can substitute them for my own...

Basically, am I ok just working out my calorie needs and then creating that 10-20% deficit for weight loss - then working out the carb/fat/protein % ? and then making up my meals based on foods that I like (I have a database I put together of general unprocessed foods I like with their nutritional and mineral breakdowns so I can select from that)!

What about UK people and shakeology? Is there a substitute - can I make my own alternative using my PhD Diet Whey protein powder?

Also - with the multivitamin supplements - they say there's is made based on the programme, but surely I can take what I need for me, regardless of the programme. I can work out my own mineral requirements - so can't I just use my own vitamins (good quality ones from local health shop - I know about checking labels etc) ...

Anyway - a bit of advice on the nutrition side of things? I have a few qu. on the exercise stuff but I think it's best posted in the exercise forum so I'll head on over there.

Thanks guys!

Replies