compression socks

Options
Kacy
Kacy Posts: 43 Member
Anyone have any information/personal experiences with compression socks? I've read that they can be good during recovery but was looking for input from people who have used them. They're sooo pricey that I'm nervous to get some just to try.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Recovery from what? Exercise? Waste of money.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I tried a pair after my doctor told me to. Sadly, the silly things would not stay up and I spent most of my time pulling them back up from my ankles. I will say they worked when they didn't roll down. Make sure you get the right compression style for you.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any information/personal experiences with compression socks? I've read that they can be good during recovery but was looking for input from people who have used them. They're sooo pricey that I'm nervous to get some just to try.

What kind of compression socks? I will wear TED hose to work when I'm going to be working 12 hour shifts, or if I'm working more than three shifts in a row, as my legs will start to swell, and it helps with that and the ache.

Although since I've started losing weight and drinking at least 8 glasses of water, they don't swell or ache as much.
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    I love to run wearing high socks for compression. I don't wear actual "compression socks" - but I find regular, firm knee-high socks help a lot with keeping cramps out of my calves while I'm running!