Zumba? Anyone Tried it??

Options

Replies

• jdeking1
    jdeking1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Its so great hearing all of your stories! I'm going to start tonight with the beginners dvd! Thank you all!!
  • tracer92
    tracer92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i tried it once... totally not for me, i felt like a total knob... i like exercising, and not much of a dancer... so there you go!

Agree!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    i LOVE zumba, i do it 3 times a week. It depends on your teacher we had a sub filling in today and she is a regular on monday nights and everyone was walking out. There are men in my class they seem to enjoy it.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA <3!!
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've got the XBOX game and really like it. I also really like The Black Eyed Peas Experience game. Not quite the same thing, but it gets you moving and it's fun.
  • tmptn
    tmptn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's fun. Great calorie burner. I bought the DVDs for Xmas

Love them!!
  • hannp
    hannp Posts: 34
    Options
    I did it a few years ago for maybe a month, Didnt notice weightloss but my cardio levels/endurance had greatly improved! After I saw this post I went to youtube and found a 15 min routine to do. I logged it under dance as there wasnt a zumba and it reckoned in 15mins i burnt 84 calories. I was sweating in all sorts of places. I think its worth a try.
  • jdeking1
    jdeking1 Posts: 31
    Options
    What catagory do I put zumba in to track my exercise?
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Zumba? YES
    Tried it? YES
    Do you like it? YES
    and have you seen result? YES - check my ticker!

2x a week, every week, and any other chance i get. real life classes are best, but i will do the wii if I have to.
  • Cindygutie
    Cindygutie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I <3 Zumba... I do it at least 2-3 times a week either on the Wii or at a class.... so much fun and burns lots of calories!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome. I do it at least 3-4 days per week and also have the Wii Zumba (2 is better than 1 - version wise). I've lost 55 since doing the classes. It tones and helps all areas. Call around and see if the instructor does "first class free" sessions. Many times they will. The instructor is the biggest deal in my opinion on whether or not you'll like it and stick to it.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun.... but there is no instruction ahead of time. You just jump in and do the best you can. I don't go anymore because the schedule changed with the instructor I liked. She told me the first time just do as much as you can and don't worry, everybody was new once. And every week she would have a new song that everyone didn't know so they were all lost too on at least one song.

I found that if I stood in the back and looked at the feet of the people in front of me I could pick it up easier than trying to watch the instructor because she was all the way up front and facing you most of the time, her moves are opposite.

At first it was all I could do to get my feet doing the right thing, then it took me a few times to start getting the arm movements too.

Great workout, really fun, and a whole hour goes by before you know it. Really sweaty, don't plan to stop anywhere after class before going home to shower.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Im going to try it at our local Ymca tonight.. and im nervous!! lol
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous :) People there are very supportive, and there are such a wide variety of people all ages and sizes. And like I said everybody was new once.
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I went to sparkpeople.com and trolled around there and found that they calculate calories burned as well. Zumba is on there, just use that and then make your own category on your exercise log. I love zumba!
  • alliesmom20
    alliesmom20 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting it for my wii....any suggestions?
  • alliesmom20
    alliesmom20 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Do you like zumba for the wii? I was thinking about getting it but not sure. I just don't want to get bored and keep doing the same exercises all the time. I don't have a gym membership so I stick to my exercise bike and wii ea sports active game I was looking for something else to throw in the mix
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do it every Monday after work and find myself loving Monday's for that reason. It's a great calorie burn and the hour flies by!
  • EmmaR84
    EmmaR84 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have awful co-ordination so I am trying it at home, I have done the beginners one for the last couple of days trying to learn the steps. Once I feel more confident that I won't look stupid I hope to join a class too
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    SOOOO much fun but sometimes depends on the instructor. I think its a great way to add cardio to your work outs. And yes it may take a couple of trys to get a hang of the moves but then its fun!