30 Day Shred- Excited

Options
April0815
April0815 Posts: 780 Member
I just ordered 30 Day Shred today from Barnes and Nobles. It should be here in a couple of days. I can't wait. My son plays baseball and it has really messed me up on my exercising. I can start this at home!!!!

Any comments or helpful advice when starting this

Replies

• tjjotoad
    tjjotoad Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD and I love it, but I haven't stuck to it. It's great because the workouts are only 20 minutes, but they kick your butt. Good luck!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    we started a challenge last week! you can easily jump into it! some of us are lagging a bit with it :blushing: , so you wont be too far behind!
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    I just started it a few days ago. It's very difficult but what motivates me is that it is only 20 min long. You get it all out of the way and you have the extra time for something else as opposed to an hour of working out at the gym. I sweat more in the 20 min of this DVD than anything else I have done.

I have heard that people are supposed to do the shred anywhere form 4 times a week to every day. I think it burns around 200 calories per session of level 1. There are 3 levels that get difficult with each time.

I am doing it 3 times a week because I have aerobics/strength training class 2 times a week. I also joined the Jillian Michael's online diet plan. I like it.

Good Luck!!!

Michele
  • pda116
    pda116 Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't know if it is the same one, but if you have comcast on demand tv you can go to fitness tv and they have a few of them there for free. I don't know if the other cable companies do that or not. And get ready because those workouts are intense! Have fun!
  • jdl249
    jdl249 Posts: 46
    Options
    I got this in the mail about a week ago and am not stopping doing it. The best thing you can remember is something Jillian herself will tell you: when you are ready to move on, do so. You don't HAVE to do each level for ten days. I am still on level 1 and working up a pretty good sweat!

(Hint: to log this for your exercise, I was told to log it under "circuit training.")

Best of luck to you! Oh, and you'll need some hand weights (dumbbells), I just got a couple today but if you don't have those you can use canned veggies.
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred and is it healthy???
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    L:heart: VE "the Shred"! I'm only on day 3, but I think it really gives an awesome workout in only 25 minutes. I'm a busy, working mom, so it's one of the only things I can fit into my schedule. I still get sore muscles from it, but am hoping for awesome toning results at the end of my 30 days. Good Luck!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred and is it healthy???

It's a workout DVD from Jillian Michaels (from the Biggest Loser). It gives you 3 levels of workouts, 25 minutes each, which you do in 10 day increments (more or less). That way, the whole program is completed in 30 days. It combines strength training, cardio and abs in a circuit style of workout. It's definitely a healthy way to work on fat loss, as well as toning.