Do you log your high calorie days?

Options

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I see no point in logging if I'm not honest every day.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    If I eat it I have to log it. If I don't want to log it....I shouldn't eat it!
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i log all of it every single day no matter what...but that doesnt mean its what you have to do
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I log everything, no matter what it is, even if it's just one bite of something. I have to make myself accountable, and I need to see what hurts and helps me too. I know that rotating your calories or having spike days is supposed to be good for your metabolism. I had a day while I was still on light duty from my surgery where I know I ate closer to maintenance, and I logged every bit of it. I don't always close out my day when I do that though.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. Then when I look at the reports I can see where I went wrong and strangely it is also a reminder of good times because I usually go over when I am spending time out with friends and family for celebrations so the peaks remind me that I had fun even if made some bad food choices. Kind of takes the sting out of the guilt.:drinker:
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I log them every time. It's foolish to be afraid, or guilty of reality. Face it. It probably isn't as bad as you think. If it is, then change it.

Fear sucks. Guilt is even worse.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I log it. Did yesterday at about 4,000 calories
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging on weekends and holidays last June when I reached my first goal. Sometimes those are high calorie days, sometimes not. Mostly, they're just a mental break from thinking about calories and grams and milligrams and all that fancy horsepoop.

Eventually, I want to not have to log my food at all. And I'm pretty sure I could do that, since I've stopped for almost a month when I had an injury and my weight stayed pretty much the same. But as long as I'm hopelessly addicted to the site, I might as well log my food, just to make sure I'm staying on track. And honestly, now that I'm on maintenance, I log just as much to make sure I'm eating enough than eating too much.
  • Cyndi62
    Cyndi62 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I always post all the 'garbage' on the bad days. Heck in my first week on here, I had a day of living in the car, and did Timmy's for Breakfast, Burger King for dinner....you get the idea.
    I posted it, and was glad I did. It showed me how MUCH of a difference it makes.
    Keep it real.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    I log high calorie days and try to be as truthful as possible. Often it isn't as bad as I expected. Since I was able to get a workout in, I only went over by 250 calories on Thanksgiving Day. That was still a deficit. So log the bad days, but don't feel bad about an occasional splurge. After all, every day counts, but every day doesn't have to be perfect.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i log every day - totally honestly. its not always pretty and this month ive been in the red pretty much every day.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I log them every time. It's foolish to be afraid, or guilty of reality. Face it. It probably isn't as bad as you think. If it is, then change it.

Fear sucks. Guilt is even worse.

Yup.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I'd rather be able to look back on days before to know what I did wrong that week. I am also OCD and when I try to do something, I do it all the way. I've never skipped a day of logging yet.
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do. Healthy shame.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I do log them because I want to see how frequently I'm cheating. Sometimes I think I haven't had a "cheat day" in a few weeks and it turns out I had one a few days ago! Sometimes I will also try to compensate the next day by being under. But I agree, the guilt factor sucks. Also, I'm down to my last 3 lbs so going over by a few hundred calories will result in weight gain!

How? 500 calories would make you gain about 2 ounces, and only if that was over your maintenance levels. 200 calories gain would be under the accurate resolution of your scale. Even if it wasn't, you can gain or lose an ounce of water in minutes.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Log it. Log it all. Otherwise, what's the point? We all have bad days (look at a couple of my recent days). It's a reminder to yourself that you need to get back on the wagon. Not logging it is being dishonest and will NOT help you succeed. Get over the guilt. Log it and move on. Do your best every day, without thinking about what you did/didn't do yesterday. Although, admittedly if I go way over one day, I will try to be under a few extra calories the next day.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Most times I don't.

If I'm going to have a "cheat" day, I don't want to feel bad about seeing it all add up...

Besides, the scale will remind me later on, I'm sure :laugh:
  • Laurarunnergirl
    Laurarunnergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yep, I log it all --- good, bad and ugly. For me, the whole point of MFP is to make me take a good, hard look at my eating habits so I can make the changes I need to to be healthy and lose weight. If there is a day I'm over my limit, whether it's intentional (carbo loading before a race, birthday, etc.) or unintentional (emotional eating), I log it all and then put notes in the food notes section at the bottom of the page. That way I can review my notes and see any eating patterns, if any.
  • deedah1216
    deedah1216 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I always log my colories, good and bad days alike. It's my way of keeping myself honest so to speak. I also used to feel guilty when I went over my calories. I've come to terms with having the occasional bad calorie day. I've found in allowing an occasional off day or a special treat I satify my craving and move forward. I do try to keep my bad days to few and far between, but when they happen I just get back on track the next day. Keep up the good work!
  • SLBry6024
    SLBry6024 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It is good to have High Cal.Days or Day of rest as I call them. I give me something tolook forward to. Just don't overboard on thoughs day.