Does anyone want to do a challenge/experiment with me? Wt li

Options
Hey all!

I am nearing the end of Phase 1 of the New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women and was thinking of doing a challenge (an experiment might be more appropriate). I have a ton of trouble eating enough (terrified of eating more), but have read too many success stories to refute the idea.

I am planning to do the following over the next 8 weeks:
- decrease cardio to my runs 3 days a week (no intervals after lifting)
- lift heavy - this will just continue
- eat at least 1900 cals a day net - this will be TOUGH; Ive been trying to break the mentality of eating less and suffering is the only way to go

I will be stepping FAR away from the scale and will only weigh in at the end of the month. I will take weekly measurements (which I have been doing off and on for months).

I think I will blog about it on my Tumblr, so I wondered if anyone wanted to join me? I thought if a few of us did it, it might make the crazy worry times better. That could just be me though.

I plan to post this on the main board and on another group, so please excuse the multiple posts in advance!

Have a great day all!

Replies

• Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I do except I am doing some interval training for cardio on my off days.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I decided that I can't cut out my runs - I worked too hard to become a runner to just stop! :) I'm hoping I can still see muscle gains despite this. Glad to know it works for you!
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I decided that I can't cut out my runs - I worked too hard to become a runner to just stop! :) I'm hoping I can still see muscle gains despite this. Glad to know it works for you!

Makes sense. I do it mainly for high intensity...I'll sprint for about 200 meters and then stop running til' I'm rested to do it again. I think it's just a good way to mix things up.

Good luck!