Not getting enough calories?

Options
I recently injured my back and have an issue with the nerves in my legs so I am not allowed to exercise. I used to eat about 1200 calories a day but since I'm not able to walk as much I'm not very hungry and I'm having difficulty reaching 1200 calories. Is this really bad?

Replies

• muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you're doing it for an extended period of time, yes it can be bad for you. You do need a certain amount of calories to survive without burning up your muscles. I had my tubes tied a few weeks ago, and was out of commission for 2 weeks. I'm actually still getting back to normal from that. But some days I was drinking my calories or eating more calorie dense food just to get closer to my goals. I suggest eating more calorie dense foods until you can do more.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Have a handful of nuts each day, that will easily bring up your calorie count. Eating so little for an extended period of time may be bad for you, but it's also possible that not walking around as much means your body isn't using as much energy. That's why you feel you don't need as much.