Ashamed of myself and ready to change

Options
Today is the first day of an 8 week weight loss challenge with a bunch of friends from high school. To start things off I had to send a picture of myself on the scale with my weight number showing. Never have I ever told a friend my weight before. Never. I am so ashamed and embarrassed of myself. It took a lot of courage for me to send that picture. I procrastinated doing so all day today. Finally, as the picture was taken and the message written I paused before I hit the send button. I prayed for courage and the ability to change and I sent the message. I know that before I can change I have to acknowledge the horrible things I have done to my body over the years. But now, I can move on. I vow to never repeat that number on the scale. This is the last time I will weigh this much. I am ready to change.

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. It's a hellaciously hard thing to do to open yourself up. Best wishes.
  • sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    Options
    It is okay to acknowledge your mistakes in regard to your health, but try to love yourself for all your goodness and strength. Change will give you confidence and your health will improve. Move forward. You will see the scale change. Use this site to the maximum that you are comfortable. You are not alone.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Thank you God for teaching us humility...now grant me the courage to change the things I can. You took a big step. The rest is easy peasy!:flowerforyou:
  • OccupyFitness
    Options
    That sounds really hard and you did it!

Part of my initial motivation was that I finally just got really angry at myself.

Sometimes these difficult emotions are what we need to kick ourselves in the butt.

((((HUG))))
  • FitMary2011
    Options
    This isn't easy stuff, it really isn't. I don't think it really matterw what one weighs, we are always usually ashamed. I say that because I have a friend who is - I wouldn't guess how much she weighs, She is over weight and she knows it. She has been working on it, and has lost like 40 lbs last year. She has a lot to go. I only mention her because I don't have, and I have NEVER had that much weight to lose, and yet, I have felt ashamed and "gross" in my own body. However owning up to it, takes A LOT of COURAGE - so CONGRATS to you and know it is only UP from here (while your weight goes DOWN)! And you'll gain a lot of confidence (your self esteem goes UP), energy (goes UP)! Here's to UP!