Who has lost that last 10 lbs?

Options
Someone please tell me what they did (hearing "I ate right and worked out" a bunch of times is encouraging in a strange sort of way, lol)... and how long those last 10 took to come off! :laugh:

Replies

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    sorry, i'm still working on it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :angry: :grumble: :grumble:

:laugh:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I did....and I just met my goal a couple weeks ago so it's all still fresh in my mind.

I logged everything in MFP--they had me at 1200 calories (and then of course if I worked out I got to eat those calories too) So I tried to burn at least 300-500 calories a day, that would bring me up to eating 1500-1700 calories a day. I tracked everything I eat/drink and all my exercise.

Nutrition:
    ~I take the GNC Women's Ultra Mega Active VitaPac (a pack of 7 vitamins, that are supposed to be good--I don't know if they did anything to help or not, but I take them anyways)
    ~Drank 50-100 oz of water a day (I keep a 50oz bottle of water on my desk, I drink it once and refill it and then drink as much as I can of the 2nd bottle)
    ~I ate/drank a TON of protein (muscle milk shakes/bars, lots of lean meats-chicken/seafood, and yes even the "fake" stuff boca/morningstar/soymilk) I tried to get close to 100 grams a day.
    ~Increased veggies/lowered pasta (I LOVE pasta. so I started putting tons of veggies in my sauce, that way I could put less pasta in and I trick myself into thinking I was eating a "big bowl of pasta")

Fitness
    -30 minutes to an hour of cardio (either bike, elliptical, running or swimming - or a mixture of them)
    -P90X Ab Ripper X video every other day
    -lifting everyday/every other day. nothing too crazy, just the normal machines at the gym, lots of squats and lunges mixed with some cardio intervals. I do this one jump rope workout where I'll jump rope 100 times and then do a set of squats then jump 100 times then a set of walking lunges. I do that 3 or 4 times.

thats what I did and it got me to my goal.... HTHs
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I've had those pesky 10 (ahem..11) to lose for awhile. I refuse to get on the scale until I'm sticking with this program more regularly. I guess I'm just not disgusted enough anymore, although the 4 week vacation to Italy and Croatia in July is keeping me motivated, I've been religious for a little bit of time now....once I hit 2 weeks of being "good" I'll weigh myself. I think I just have to really trust the program and start being crazy detailed again with this....I've been doing a lot of running and running races this spring and haven't been counting as much as a result, so I've probably maintained as my clothes fit the same.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Me me!! Actually, the last *12* pounds. I had put on some weight last year (after losing 70#, then kind of slacked off a little) and around Christmas time got really serious about losing the last few pounds and KEEPING it off. I have given myself a 5# swing in the past, but then 6, 7, 8, and finally 10# crept on. My jeans were fitting tighter and I was not happy! :noway:

So... since December I've lost 12 pounds. I got back to strict nutrition and working out hard. I eat very clean- no white flour or sugar (other than natural sugars in fruits, etc), lean proteins, whole grains, good fats, etc. I run 3 days a week, and lift weights 3 days a week (heavy weights, P90X and ChaLean Extreme), minimum. I'm currently triathlon training so throwing in some biking and swimming also. :bigsmile: I track my calories here and eat back a majority of my exercise cals, depends on the day.

No easy fixes, no pills, and no quick diets. Hard work and day to day consistency is the key!!

Jess
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    my last 10 pounds came off me after the birth of my last babies, 3 yrs ago, i've kept it off. No fancy machines at the gym, no special videos, no weird foods or fake foods, I ate smaller portions of foods I love, cut out most of the junk, kept my calories in check, and I starting running and rollerblading again, alongside that I bought a set of dumbells and started lifting, now i'm full blown into bodybuilding. But in order to get where you want to get, you need nothing special other than willpower and a set of sneakers.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last pound!!! And i took the slow boat - 13 pounds since the first of the year. The thing that really inspired me was when i started to be able to fit in to some old clothes.

Keep chugging on. It'll come off!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last pound!!! And i took the slow boat - 13 pounds since the first of the year. The thing that really inspired me was when i started to be able to fit in to some old clothes.

Keep chugging on. It'll come off!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last pound now...had the last 15 to lose when I seriously started using MFP on 1/1/09. It's been tough, but so worth it. I did a lot of experimenting with calories (1200 definitely didn't work for me) and did a lot of different workouts, also added more strength training and started running.

Been a slow ride, but the journey -especially with my MFP fam- has been amazing.

Keep up the great work!